R2- Could Not detect an internet connection

Eli6838

Just opened and plugged in the router and connect register the router. I contacted my internet service (spectrum) and they said everything is working fine which it is with my old router. 

I have tried factory resetting the router, unplugging it, trying to click “WAN Setup” and skip to access router with no luck. I wired connected the router to laptop but it says dns server not responding. Seems internet is going to the router but not releasing it. Please help. Thank you 

FDF2C81C-E76E-4E0F-83FB-569A1C5F9244.jpeg

If you have Charter Spectrum do you have a pure cable modem or do you have a combo unit modem/router in one? It might also help if you could give the model number of your modem as well.. It will help them help you.

Thanks!

Zippy.

Thanks for the added info and screenshot.. What I would try in your case when you come to the part in the setup wizard of the R2 and it says it could not detect your connection.. At that point just power cycle your modem.. Let it boot back up and then click the retry button on detecting a connection.. It should establish a connection then.. It might take a few tries to get it to finally connect.. But be patient when doing so..

Give that a try and see how you get on!

Good luck!

Zippy..

I just power cycled the modem 3 times and still no change. When I click “retry”, it says could not detect an internet connection. My laptop says I’m connected to the netduma r2 and I have internet access but when I load page it says I have no internet. I don’t know what else to do. Also, when I factory reset the R2, the factory password on the router doesn’t work. Not sure if the accidentally set the reset password as something else. 

7 minutes ago, Eli6838 said:

I just power cycled the modem 3 times and still no change. When I click “retry”, it says could not detect an internet connection. My laptop says I’m connected to the netduma r2 and I have internet access but when I load page it says I have no internet. I don’t know what else to do. Also, when I factory reset the R2, the factory password on the router doesn’t work. Not sure if the accidentally set the reset password as something else. 

Are you using your laptop through wifi to set it up? If possible can you use a device to where you can hardwire to the R2 and try going through the setup wizard of the R2.. If possible? I have the same provider as you and usually just power cycling the modem did the trick for me before..  If you can go hard wired you should be able to change the wifi password yourself at that point.. And make a connection..  You may need to wait for further advice from Netduma on other things to try.. I can only share what has worked for me in the past..

Thanks!

Zippy.

1 minute ago, Eli6838 said:

I am wired to the R2 and can’t connect. Impossible to change the password because I can’t access the settings on the R2. I’m pretty sure this is a bad unit smh 

Hummm that is very strange.. Its possible you could have a bad unit.. I will tag @Netduma Fraser and @Netduma Liam here for yah so they can further investigate this issue.. Sorry  couldnt have been of more help! 

Thanks!

Zippy..

17 minutes ago, Eli6838 said:

Thanks man I appreciate your time. 

Your welcome! Wish I could have been of more help! If your able to access the R2 main UI it might also help to disable all of IPV6 on both LAN and WAN in the Network Settings of the R2.. Some times IPV6 makes it hard to complete a full connection.. If your stuck in the setup wizard you should be able to skip ahead so you can get into the main dashboard of the R2.. Otherwise you can wait for a reply back from Netduma!

Good luck my friend!

Zippy.

9 minutes ago, Eli6838 said:

Thanks unfortunately I can’t get past the screen that asks about the bandwidth speed. When I click next nothing happens

In the setup wizard of the R2 when you go into the WAN setting tab does it have anything there where you could disable IPV6 during the setup process? If so id try that then see if that gets you anywhere..  If you rather wait for a response from Netduma I totally understand.. Im just trying to think of things to try in the meantime until they respond for you.. I feel you are close to getting a connection.. Unless the unit is in fact bad or faulty..  What brand of router did you have before the R2? you could always use that and then plug the r2 in your existing router to see if any headway could be made that way as well..

Thanks!

Zippy.

1 minute ago, Eli6838 said:

When I click on the WAN setting, IPV6-wan and IPV6 lab are both disabled. 

So those were already disabled by default? 

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Could you connect your old router to the modem then connect the R2 to the old router, then do a factory reset again - hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then access using a wired device. Then see whether you can get through the setup wizard and get a connection? 

• 5 months later...
On 8/24/2021 at 7:44 AM, Himicane said:

The same issue is back. Our house lost power and when it came back I cannot detect through the internet wizard. I got to the wizard once, now I can’t get back to it. But when I was connected I power cycled my modem and clicked retry. It still didn’t come back up. My R2 has felt like it’s always had minor issues and then go away. This is a tad frustrating. Any thoughts @Netduma Fraser

I have the same issue. Any tips for solution? teatv apk  spice money