Not achieving ISP Speeds

Wayne

nd now for some reason DMZ unchecked, when I go to check it I and apply I recieve the error:

Error: RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': ?:0: attempt to index global 'exceptions' (a nil value) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> ?: in function <?:126> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

I would really like to try the settings with DMZ on and everything unchecked

Can you please explain what the Allow Ping in the settings section does?
Can you please explain what DMZ does on and off?
Can you please explain whether to leave auto ping on in geofilter and why?

Quick reboot worked and I was able to put on DMZ to do some testing but i'm still not acheiving anywhere close to upload speed

LOG?

Mon Mar 8 15:58:44 2021 daemon.err odhcp6c[22558]: Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Address not available)
Mon Mar 8 15:58:21 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[14563]: try_sendto failed to send 12 packets
Mon Mar 8 15:57:51 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[14563]: try_sendto failed to send 12 packets
Mon Mar 8 15:57:21 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[14563]: try_sendto failed to send 12 packets
Mon Mar 8 15:56:51 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[14563]: try_sendto failed to send 12 packets
Mon Mar 8 15:56:51 2021 daemon.err odhcp6c[22558]: Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Address not available)
Mon Mar 8 15:56:21 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[14563]: try_sendto failed to send 12 packets
Mon Mar 8 15:55:51 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[14563]: try_sendto failed to send 12 packets
Mon Mar 8 15:55:21 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[14563]: try_sendto failed to send 12 packets
Mon Mar 8 15:54:51 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[14563]: try_sendto failed to send 12 packets

Still can not achieve my gigabyte speeds with netduma r2. please help, also questions:

Screenshot_2021-03-09 Speed test result.png

Screenshot_2021-03-09 Network Settings - DumaOS.png

Screenshot_2021-03-09 QoS - DumaOS.png

• Administrators

Allow ping allows your router to be pinged over the internet
DMZ allows traffic to be passed straight through to the device without restriction
Leave Auto Ping on unless you want to manually click on the host of the game each time you play

Can you re-enable QoS and then put the Congestion Control sliders to 100% please, reset Bandwidth Allocation distribution and disable any rules including Classified Games in Traffic Prioritization and then Disable QoS completely again then test.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The model of the modem that the R2 is connected to

I appologize, i'm not very fimiliar, but I'm 90% I believe the Netduma R2 is directly connected to the verizon fios Optical Network Terminal (ONT?)

To be honest I've never seen my ONT but I do believe it is in my basement. Maybe a screenshot will help?

Screenshot_2021-03-09 Device Manager - DumaOS.png

• Administrators

Okay and so presumably there are ethernet points in the main areas where you can connect the router to that connects to the ONT?

The device manager router/wan/modem parts are static so won't change based on your setup but thanks!

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay and so presumably there are ethernet points in the main areas where you can connect the router to that connects to the ONT?

The device manager router/wan/modem parts are static so won't change based on your setup but thanks!

Yes there is a CAT6 cable that goes from the ONT to the Netduma R2 Internet Port, than I used the ethernet cable that came with the router to connect directly into my PC.

I have not changed any cables, before I installed the netduma r2 I did a speedtest with the verizon fios g3100 router and was getting 8xx/8xx constantly.

Edit: Uploaded picture of the ONT not sure that it will help/matter at all, it seems that the cable goes straight from ONT to the Netduma R2

I'm lost :(

Screenshot.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks! If possible, can you reconnect the G3100 and connect the R2 to this instead? So you'll have ONT -> G3100 -> R2.

Then retest your speeds and see if anything changes.

I can and will def do that sometime today and report back! Thank you guys so much for all of your help, i'm very sorry to be a pain!

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks! If possible, can you reconnect the G3100 and connect the R2 to this instead? So you'll have ONT -> G3100 -> R2.

Then retest your speeds and see if anything changes.

So, It seems having ONT ->G3100 -> R2 with Disable QOS seems to be much better, my upload speed is back.

However, I only have the G3100 for a few more days, When I bought the Netduma I returned me G3100 I'm just waiting for the shipping label.

I'm still confused why I'm not getting it directly with the R2 concidering the R2 is suppose to be much better than the verizon g3100? am I missing something?

Screenshot_2021-03-10 Speed test result(1).png

Screenshot_2021-03-10 QoS - DumaOS.png

• Administrators

Okay thanks for confirming, could you get the MAC address of the G3 please, then in the R2 WAN Settings give the R2 the MAC address of the G3 then reboot and connect it directly to the ONT - what speeds do you get then? Sometimes it can take a little while for it to sync up properly with the new router.

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks for confirming, could you get the MAC address of the G3 please, then in the R2 WAN Settings give the R2 the MAC address of the G3 then reboot and connect it directly to the ONT - what speeds do you get then? Sometimes it can take a little while for it to sync up properly with the new router.

So I loaded up CMD and typed in ipconfig /all and used the physical address of my ethernet which im assuming is the g3, I unplugged the g3 and replugged the R2 directly to the ONT and back down to low upload speeds.

Screenshot_2021-03-10 Speed test result(5).png

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's actually the MAC address of your PC - you should be able to find the MAC address of the G3 on a sticker on the underside of the unit

DOH, I will repeat process now, I apologize

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's actually the MAC address of your PC - you should be able to find the MAC address of the G3 on a sticker on the underside of the unit

When using the proper MAC address, we get proper results, I appreciate all the time and effort you've spent with me!

Screenshot_2021-03-10 Speed test result(6).png

Screenshot_2021-03-10 QoS - DumaOS(2).png

• Administrators

You're very welcome, thanks for the update! 

So likely it would have properly synced up a little while after you returned the G3 but no need now! I would suggest making a note of the MAC address somewhere so if you ever need to do a factory reset then you can get speeds back again without waiting.