Verizon with the R2

Character

Hi guys,

Just got my R2 in the mail , I have Verizon fios and my wireless router is my modem, I know I need a moca adapter and I need to call Verizon to do something but I don’t know what , is this really the method or is there another? Also what’s the best moca adapter for this setup I’ve seen the moca 2.5 gocoax look promising but not sure, 

any help will be greatly appreciated 🙏🙏 

Cheers

I've connected it to the existing modem and it was working fine for about 10 hrs. I was trying to use the hybrid VPN and reset the R2 and now the R2 doesn't even connect to the internet. 

21 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I've connected it to the existing modem and it was working fine for about 10 hrs. I was trying to use the hybrid VPN and reset the R2 and now the R2 doesn't even connect to the internet. 

If you are still able to access the interface of the R2 then in your case I would just power cycle your modem and see if your connection will restore itself.. See if that works..

Good luck!

Zippy..

1 hour ago, Character said:

Hi guys,

Just got my R2 in the mail , I have Verizon fios and my wireless router is my modem, I know I need a moca adapter and I need to call Verizon to do something but I don’t know what , is this really the method or is there another? Also what’s the best moca adapter for this setup I’ve seen the moca 2.5 gocoax look promising but not sure, 

any help will be greatly appreciated 🙏🙏 

Cheers

I personally would just connect your R2 to your existing modem/router you currently have.. That imo would be the simplest way without alot of hassle.. As far as a moca adaptor ive never heard of that used before on fiber.. But then again im not at all familiar with Verizon fios.. If you hookup your R2 to your existing modem/router then I wouldnt even think you would need a moca adaptor.. Do you actually have fiber coming into your home or do you have coax/copper cable coming into your home?

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Enigma said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

How did you reset the router exactly? Good suggestion from Zippy, please see if that restores it.

On 3/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you attempting to replace this with the R2? If so you can just connect it to the existing modem/router which is actually recommended and that will work!

Yea this Hybrid Modem/wifi is nice but Verizon charges me a monthly fee for using there router I think I read in a post in the past that I can use a Moca and call verizon to make it go through the USB port 🤷‍♂️