Qos settings for warzone.

Any one have any qos settings they recommend for warzone for better hit detection? Currently using the r2.

I’ve  looked at several YouTube videos where people say to either :

A. Use the auto setup feature and let the router decide.

B.Simple minimize sliders to 70/70

C. Minimize speeds to gaming device (currently using PS5), to something around 10mbps download and 2mbps upload. 

D. Under advanced settings on the auto setup feature, reduce sliders to 30/30 and put target vs idle ping at 1ms and check off max spikes size and put at 1ms also. 
(this version Caused me to have several lag spikes in the game).

I know the overall goal is to have Speed test/ping test/ ping test under load at an A rating. But I also heard the most important part is minimizing your ping test under load as much as possible?

Any input would be great. Thanks in advance 

Thanks for posting!

QoS configuration tends to differ on a person-to-person basis, we often recommend starting at 70% on the sliders. 

Connection Benchmark is great for testing your though, as you mentioned we want the Ping Test Under Load results to be as flat as possible essentially!

I'd recommend reducing the sliders in Congestion Control 5-10% at a time and retesting in Connection Benchmark, you can then monitor which configuration yields the best results!

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for posting!

QoS configuration tends to differ on a person-to-person basis, we often recommend starting at 70% on the sliders. 

Connection Benchmark is great for testing your though, as you mentioned we want the Ping Test Under Load results to be as flat as possible essentially!

I'd recommend reducing the sliders in Congestion Control 5-10% at a time and retesting in Connection Benchmark, you can then monitor which configuration yields the best results!

What are your thoughts on the C and D methods ? Will they be  beneficial or cause lag?

• Administrators

C is akin to throttling your connection but I don't believe in that method personally - if I was to suggest that though then I would say go lower.

D you can't put them to 1ms, that is way too little, ping inherently fluctuates so I believe the minimum is 10ms but that could help yes.

51 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

C is akin to throttling your connection but I don't believe in that method personally - if I was to suggest that though then I would say go lower.

D you can't put them to 1ms, that is way too little, ping inherently fluctuates so I believe the minimum is 10ms but that could help yes.

Gotcha, 

How much lower would you go to throttle it?

So for D, try putting the target back idle ping at 10ms and the max spikes size also at 10ms?

Appreciate the suggestions guys.