Cold War | Error: BLZBNTBGS000003F8 | XR300

HyperFirez

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it possible for you to connect the PC directly to the router or the XR WiFi and see if you get the same issue?

Yeah I'll try it. As I said though, my friend has the same everything except for the switch and he still gets DCed. But I'll test it just to rule out any possibilities.

EDIT: Just happened. Switch isn't the issue.

• Administrators

You can try that but it's unlikely to make a difference unfortunately. In Traffic Prioritization can you make a custom rule for the device:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535
Protocol TCP/UDP

and see if you notice a difference then please? You may experience lag on other devices but it's just for a test.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:41 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You can try that but it's unlikely to make a difference unfortunately. In Traffic Prioritization can you make a custom rule for the device:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535
Protocol TCP/UDP

and see if you notice a difference then please? You may experience lag on other devices but it's just for a test.

Do I need anti-bufferbloat enabled as well or just this? (Also I can confirm changing DNS servers didn't help)

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, HyperFirez said:

Do I need anti-bufferbloat enabled as well or just this? (Also I can confirm changing DNS servers didn't help)

Just this - it supersedes Anti-BB anyway so doesn't matter if you do have it set 

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've never seen anyone have this issue ever, I don't see what could be causing it, do you know if your ISP blocks any new equipment that you add? 

Nah my ISP doesn't do that. Only thing I had to do was get them to provision my modem when I initially installed it.

There are 1000s of comments on reddit/blizzard forums discussing this DC issue. I thought maybe it was the router because my friend with same isp and router also has had the issue. If you are at a loss then it must not be the router then. Either the ISP or ATVI/Blizzard issue. Ironically enough even though it says "Blizzard Server" in the error code, Blizzard support redirects you to Activision support and they also give you a run around.

If there isn't anything else I could try I appreciate the help regardless.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I did find a comment somewhere that uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net launcher resolved the issue, have you tried that?

not yet. won't hurt to try though

EDIT: Didn't work but my god I just found the reason. The Battlenet launcher DCs for a second. I just saw it happen. Blizzard is saying it isn't their issue but I'll be damned if it isn't.

15 hours ago, HyperFirez said:

not yet. won't hurt to try though

EDIT: Didn't work but my god I just found the reason. The Battlenet launcher DCs for a second. I just saw it happen. Blizzard is saying it isn't their issue but I'll be damned if it isn't.

That's interesting, how did you see this? Where did you see that it disconnected for a second?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's interesting, how did you see this? Where did you see that it disconnected for a second?

I was watching the launcher and saw it reload the page and take a second to re-connect me to their online services. I didn't drop connection on anything else, just Battlenet.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, HyperFirez said:

I was watching the launcher and saw it reload the page and take a second to re-connect me to their online services. I didn't drop connection on anything else, just Battlenet.

Interesting, that's weird! As a test, put your PC in the XR DMZ and see if you get the same issue please

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, that's weird! As a test, put your PC in the XR DMZ and see if you get the same issue please

I'm actually not sure how to setup a DMZ on this router

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HyperFirez said:

I'm actually not sure how to setup a DMZ on this router

Get your PC LAN IP from the PC network settings or from the Device Manager on the router. Then go to Settings, WAN Setup and input that IP into the Default DMZ Server option and click apply, then try again.

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Get your PC LAN IP from the PC network settings or from the Device Manager on the router. Then go to Settings, WAN Setup and input that IP into the Default DMZ Server option and click apply, then try again.

So my PC is 10.0.0.4. I should put that in the box on the side right? Should I enable any other setting in here?

image.thumb.png.cbeaac533077943025c92153a1c7379d.png

On 3/9/2021 at 1:51 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's right, click the tick box for Default DMZ server and enter that IP in, then click Apply, you can leave the other settings as they are

Just saw this. Testing it now. Just curious what does this do?

EDIT: Welp that didn't last. I think it is literally just the game or my ISP.

• Administrators

It would pass traffic straight through to the device bypassing the normal routing so I would have thought if it was the router at fault then that would have resolved it. Try in WAN Settings switching NAT to Open as that relaxes the firewall - you can also remove the PC from the DMZ.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It would pass traffic straight through to the device bypassing the normal routing so I would have thought if it was the router at fault then that would have resolved it. Try in WAN Settings switching NAT to Open as that relaxes the firewall - you can also remove the PC from the DMZ.

Didn't work unfortunately.

• Administrators

I don't think they are any other settings we can change now that would affect this so I'm not sure if it is the router. Have you tested directly to your modem? Have you run the launcher as an Administrator? 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think they are any other settings we can change now that would affect this so I'm not sure if it is the router. Have you tested directly to your modem? Have you run the launcher as an Administrator? 

Yeah I figured it is more than likely Battlenet or my ISP. Though I don't have this issue in any other game. I have tried launching in admin to no avail but I haven't tried direct connect to my modem