Cold War | Error: BLZBNTBGS000003F8 | XR300

HyperFirez

Hi there, I am coming here because I have exhausted all other options with this error code. I play Cold War on PC. Activision/Blizzard support aren't helping at all.

I do not get this disconnect issue at all when I am at a relative's house. They have a different router and ISP there. But I do happen to have a friend that has the exact same ISP and package as me, and he just recently got the XR300. Before, he had no disconnect issues. Now he does. So I believe that there is some setting somewhere in the router that is causing this. If anyone has any idea I'd greatly appreciate it.

Router: XR300
ISP: COX

• Administrators

I assume you're both using the Geo-Filter so just try disabling that for the moment - does the issue still occur? When does the disconnection occur exactly, in the middle of the game, when you're about to load into the game?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I assume you're both using the Geo-Filter so just try disabling that for the moment - does the issue still occur? When does the disconnection occur exactly, in the middle of the game, when you're about to load into the game?

I actually don't have Geo-Filter enabled at all. And it occurs randomly. Most annoying is when I am mid game and my progress gets lost. It's not possible at all for me to high round on Zombies either without getting disconnected around Round 50 which is about 3-4 hours. But it doesn't seem to happen every 3-4 hours. Sometimes I can play all day for like 8 hours before I get DC'd.

• Administrators

Okay that doesn't sound specific to the game but an overall general disconnect - do you noticing it happening on any other devices? Are you connected via ethernet or WiFi? I think setting some reserved IPs in LAN Settings could help prevent this issue.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that doesn't sound specific to the game but an overall general disconnect - do you noticing it happening on any other devices? Are you connected via ethernet or WiFi? I think setting some reserved IPs in LAN Settings could help prevent this issue.

Nope. I don't get disconnects anywhere else. Cold War is the only game I have this on as well. MW/WZ I never get this. I also already have reserved LAN IPs setup.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps here? https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/24014

In addition to that disable QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat option menu and see if that helps.

I have tried all troubleshooting steps on Battlenet and Activision supports. But I will try disabling QoS. Is there any benefit to it being on though? From what I understand it just throttles certain connections.

• Administrators

It's purpose isn't only to throttle but to ensure your connection does not become saturated by other devices using all the bandwidth - this in turn enables everyone to use the internet at once without impacting each other and thereby ensuring a stable connection.

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's purpose isn't only to throttle but to ensure your connection does not become saturated by other devices using all the bandwidth - this in turn enables everyone to use the internet at once without impacting each other and thereby ensuring a stable connection.

I do want to mention that I also have a Netgear S8000 switch that has to have QoS enabled. I disabled my router's QoS and I don't see a difference yet in network performance. I also have been playing for around an hour now and I have yet to disconnect.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where is that in the setup exactly? You should be able to disable that I believe on the switch. Main thing is to see whether it impacts the disconnections

I have Netgear CM1000 Modem into my XR300 Router into my S8000 Switch into my PC. All my Wi-Fi devices use the XR300 and I have a Netgear N300 AP setup in the other side of the house for my parent's devices.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's fine, I'd see if you can disable the switch QoS just in case they're interacting with each other if you go back to QoS on the router

Yeah it seems as if I can't disable QoS on the Switch. So idk what to do

• Administrators

Try this which is a suggestion from another S8000 user: Change the preset mode into standard and turn off IGMP snooping, put each port to high priority with no limits for in and out rate.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this which is a suggestion from another S8000 user: Change the preset mode into standard and turn off IGMP snooping, put each port to high priority with no limits for in and out rate.

I'll try that. So far I've been on Cold War for about 6.5 hours and I have yet to DC. I am gonna let it run for another couple of hours and make sure. If it doesn't DC me, I'll disable QoS on the Switch and Re-enable it on the Router to see if it was just conflicting with each other. Is there any specific settings I should enable on the Router under QoS? Like Goodput (enabled already), anti-bufferbloat (disabled), etc?

EDIT: Getting off for the night. Now at 9 hours with no DC. I think QoS was the issue.

13 hours ago, HyperFirez said:

I'll try that. So far I've been on Cold War for about 6.5 hours and I have yet to DC. I am gonna let it run for another couple of hours and make sure. If it doesn't DC me, I'll disable QoS on the Switch and Re-enable it on the Router to see if it was just conflicting with each other. Is there any specific settings I should enable on the Router under QoS? Like Goodput (enabled already), anti-bufferbloat (disabled), etc?

EDIT: Getting off for the night. Now at 9 hours with no DC. I think QoS was the issue.

OK great, let us know how you get on! Enable Anti-bufferbloat and goodput, yes. 

11 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK great, let us know how you get on! Enable Anti-bufferbloat and goodput, yes. 

How should I enable Anti-bufferbloat? Always or When high priority traffic is detected?
I unfortunately think yesterday was a fluke. I just got DCed again. Amazing I was able to last 9 hours though.

Also seems that I can't re-enable QoS...

When I go to the QoS Tab:

image.png.0d28beabfec7a294223e6ecd5b363381.png

When I try to uncheck "Disable QoS":

image.png.1411aa9e1c857494f0ffaca77887fa6e.png

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Either is fine! Sorry to hear your disconnections have continued, it's very strange that you're only experiencing this in one game! 

If you reboot the router, does that clear the errors you're getting with QoS?

Yep restarting it let me re-enable it. Maybe I should try disabling Traffic Prioritization and see if that prevents the DC?

6 hours ago, silenthunter343 said:

When you load into game how long does it take for the disconnect to happen?  I'm saying this because it sounds like what's happening to me.

It's random. It can be like 2 hours to not happening within a 9 hour period. I don't see anything listed in the router logs either.