DHCP Release not working

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mvittorio said:

Ok I will send. You think there's nothing else we can try to do, you think replacing the unit will be the fix?

All but the DHCP release issue I should think yes. You'll just have to delete those devices manually in the meantime

• 2 weeks later...

Also are you guys looking into the dhcp release issues? I had my one sister in-law visit yesterday morning and the router still is holding onto her mac id from yesterday and my other sister in-law's device she visited 3 weeks ago and the router is still holding onto the mobile device. They are both iphone but the router is also holding on to un-named devices as well as android  cell phones that were here days ago. Seems like its mainly holding onto mobile device mac id's the most but also some random un-named devices not as many after going through and deleting offline devices since I'm almost out of ip address's again.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, mvittorio said:

Has my replacement R2 Router shipped yet?

You'll need to email us to double check on that.

43 minutes ago, mvittorio said:

Also are you guys looking into the dhcp release issues? I had my one sister in-law visit yesterday morning and the router still is holding onto her mac id from yesterday and my other sister in-law's device she visited 3 weeks ago and the router is still holding onto the mobile device. They are both iphone but the router is also holding on to un-named devices as well as android  cell phones that were here days ago. Seems like its mainly holding onto mobile device mac id's the most but also some random un-named devices not as many after going through and deleting offline devices since I'm almost out of ip address's again.

It will hold on to the MAC address but it shouldn't have an IP address, you can then delete it from the Device Manager - if you click the :menu icon you can delete all offline devices. You won't run out of IP addresses as it can give out over 200

Ok what about my replacement router? Has it shipped yet? I sent all the information the other week as requested.

As mentioned in previous posts, As far as the DHCP release issue if I delete all of my offline devices it also deletes all of my custom game system settings of my powered down game consoles, I don’t keep all my game systems on. I have around 100-150 devices on my network hardwired and connected via WiFi. As mentioned in previous posts I have a enterprise grade WiFi network system with a lot of smart home equipment and a lot of game systems but since I’m utilizing this router it’s not releasing dhcps like the settings in its user interface is suppose to do. So it needs to be fixed I’m not reprogramming my router every time. I’ve only had the R2 since January and had to delete all offline devices and a lot of them where game systems with custom network settings on the router. My network is high traffic and it will continue to occur unless you can help me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent multiply emails to netduma for my replacement router and no one is answering and you guys don't have any phone # to call? Can you please contact the department in your company and let them know you said I need a replacement router. Its been a month with no replies.

• 3 weeks later...

So now about a week later the router is dead I have to keep rebooting it just to stay online and also access any device on my local network. This is getting tiring, this is the 2nd brand new router and power supply with the same issue. Seems like a hardware issue possibly once again every time I try to get into the router it crash's. Replaced my router please issue me a refund thanks!

I changed the rapp to 5 times reload, I adjusted the dhcp server range to 192.168.77.2-192.168.77.250, enabled adblocking and left all other default settings and just sent up my computer under QOS settings and set draw perimeters for it under there and that’s all I changed on the router. Everything else is just default settings still. I’ve been going back and forth with you guys since January when I first installed my new r2. I’m too busy at work to keep messing around with my network I would just like my refund processed to my PayPal account. If you want these units back I’ll gladly send them back if you want to email a return label for the three bad units I have.

Even default settings on these 3 R2 routers I’ve tried and it’s just a matter of time till they drop there wan and lan connections the dhcp server stops working and this is what I started this forum about and after 3 R2 units they all have the same problem they lock up and reboot them eventually stops fixing the problem. And again I tried 3 different R2 you guys sent me at default and they don’t least more then a month when they start failing. 

• Administrators

Change the DHCP range to .50 - .250 and then set reservations for devices between .2 - .49 and that can help. You will have to email us and ask abut a refund, it is unlikely they will but it's not something I can authorize