DHCP Release not working

Even though I set my dhcp ip release setting to 6 hours I still have to manuelly go into the new duma router and wipe out all offline devices to release the ip address's still. If I don't do this my duma router runs out of ip address's and I have to reboot it constantly just to get back onto my local network and back out to the internet. Please FIX. This is my second duma os router with the same issue. I know the DHCP Release was just added to this New Duma Router model and at least I have the option to manuelly remove unused ips but its annoying to have to constantly do. Please FIX.

• Administrators

How many devices do you have connected to the router at one time? The IP addresses won't necessarily change each time. I don't think that's the issue exactly. If you set reserved IP addresses then it certainly wouldn't be a problem.

About 72 and I would say around 50 are continuously connected and don’t go to sleep. But show as offline and when you go to reconnect them they say the router is not giving out ip address’s. And the network tree shows a lot more then 72 like people who have connected are still consuming an IP address even after I set my IP release to 1 hr. A lot of the devices I static’d on the device itself because the router was having issues saving my static address’s and didn’t identify my device so it’s really hard to do it through the router because I have to pull the MAC address off of every device to verify it on duma. It’s a lot of steps and work. Wish the duma could properly identify my devices it would make assigning static ips much easier. 

• Administrators

What were the issues you had setting reserved IPs on the router? Would be better if you could set them on the router as that could be contributing to the issue. We're improving device classification all the time so this will get better. Change the lease back to 12 hrs and see whether it performs more as expected.

That's weird I responded to this post earlier and it didn't go through. All apps on the r2 freeze saying its taking longer then normal to start the app or the app would not start and after hitting save on any settings page my on the web interface and will lock up and not save settings. Almost like the router can't handle all the traffic on the network and run its internal apps properly at the same time. Could it not have enough flash memory or lack of hardware to handle the processing power my big network needs?

I did it twice tired wiping and then noticed there was an update on the website and updated and wiped again and its frustrating because all the settings obviously getted wiped and I shouldn’t have to factory reset after an update. There’s no way to export and import all settings? I will send the system info page in a sec.

log-1614476410595.txt

B46E8AA9-9FD7-45FB-A23D-178290BB2129.jpeg

DC1DF1AF-ED73-40B1-948A-08C3AAFF3595.jpeg

I can't actually get into any settings half of the time take a look at the pictures. Thx.

5AFAC2C4-3AF6-4C6F-8730-E4B888B38DD9.jpeg

It says the ip request for different devices keeps failing on multiply ip requests to the router. 

My ip range is .2-.200. I have some static address’s outside of that so I should have plenty of IP address’s available. And I’m not using it for WiFi just as a router only I have an enterprise grade mesh WiFi network behind it and a 16 Port switch with some poe injectors as well. Just to give you some background on the network configuration.

So my router is dead. It keeps going in and out of internet connection and I had to do another hard reset and now the WiFi broadcast lights are back on but I don’t see it’s ssid and hardwired to the router now I can’t get in at all. 

This is not a dhcp issue. The hardware is failing and can’t support/run the software. It’s all over this forum. I bought the r1 and it wasn’t as bad as this at least the apps eventually load now the r2 is even worse. Hello? It’s taken a day and I still don’t have a resolution? Will someone answer me how/when will you fix?!?!

• Administrators

The one thing I've noticed across your screenshots/logs is that even after a reset you change the LAN IP to 192.168.88.1, can you just do a factory reset and don't change any settings at all please - especially that and see whether Rapps load etc. 

I believe in what you guys are doing and are more then willing to help out but you need to communicate with me. I can’t keep a router that’s a month old and needs to be rebooted multiply times on a daily basis. I need this Rectified as soon as possible! Plz & Thx!

• Administrators

I realize you are frustrated but it was half a day since my last reply, it is only me doing the support at the weekend, I am trying to help everyone as soon as I can, I can't reply in a live chat fashion every minute unfortunately.

Right so you've now factory reset it via the pin, gone through the setup wizard and not changed any settings further, including the LAN IP correct? First in System Information, in the Rapp panel options change the retry amount to 5 instead of 3 and reboot the router from the interface - not by pulling the power.

If issues still occur then please click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then however above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.