DHCP Release not working

Yea the whole reason I updated to the newest firmware was because it was worse on its previous firmware version which I’m not sure what version it was shipped with. But it makes sense to try I’ll factory default and leave as such, so do I just got to update and just select that version software to update to? Or is there a different steps I have to do to revert firmware version?

• Administrators

Sorry I meant stay on the latest firmware, factory reset and just leave the LAN IP on the default 192.168.77.1 instead of changing to 192.168.88.1 and see if any of the issues occur. That will let us know whether its specifically related to the changing of that option.

Ok so once I have the default lan ip the network is fine. But within an hour or two or less sometimes, of changing the lan ip of the router the whole network goes down multiply times. Please fix so I don't have to spend days reprogramming my home automation system and network gear. Thx so much!

6 hours ago, mvittorio said:

Ok so once I have the default lan ip the network is fine. But within an hour or two or less sometimes, of changing the lan ip of the router the whole network goes down multiply times. Please fix so I don't have to spend days reprogramming my home automation system and network gear. Thx so much!

OK great, that appears to be the issue then. What other devices are connected to your R2?

Yes all my devices have been set as static in the device itself because on my r1 (before I changed to an r2) it would drop saved reservations and give out the same IP address to multiply devices and take my network down and that was the work around I figured out to fix the issue. Not sure if thats been addressed since? Let me know I think you mentioned previously to swap it around from device itself to router reservation right?

12 hours ago, mvittorio said:

Yes all my devices have been set as static in the device itself because on my r1 (before I changed to an r2) it would drop saved reservations and give out the same IP address to multiply devices and take my network down and that was the work around I figured out to fix the issue. Not sure if thats been addressed since? Let me know I think you mentioned previously to swap it around from device itself to router reservation right?

Sure, yes we haven't heard that problem reported for a long while on the R1, nor on the R2 so that shouldn't be an issue for you anymore!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I had to keep the static ips in the dhcp server ip range that I set in the router otherwise I would still have to reboot the router. But otherwise once I set all the static's through the router and doing that as well I don't have to reboot the router everyday anymore, so far so good.

The only main issue I'm still experiencing is that the dhcp ip release settings are still an issue at, default router setttings or fully programmed status of the router is an issue still. The router is saving a device that hasn't been on the network for over a week now. The only way to fix that is to wipe all offline devices which in turn wipes all of my custom settings for devices on my network managed through the router that are currently powered off as well as aka my game systems.

Wether I put 3 hours or 12 hours in the router dhcp release settings it's still holding the ip address for the device well over the set time limit. It's been 1-2 weeks on my friends phones who have visited and still is saving that devices settings under offline devices. If the device comes back it has the same ip address again from 1-2 weeks ago and there isn't a static address assign or any special settings. So as mentioned previously this is a second issue I'm experiencing separate from the router rebooting. The router says its out of IP address's because the router is not properly releasing IP address's. Please let me know if there are any settings I can change to fix this? Thanks.

• Administrators

Great to hear you're not rebooting any more. Can you reboot from the interface, then click on the Device on the Device Manager and delete it? That won't mess with your settings and will allow you to delete it, please see if it comes back after that.

Ok I’ll try that and get back to you.

And just to confirm my last issue in case someone else has the same issue. Static’s have to be done through the router only and you can only assign static ip address’s within your current routers dhcp server distribution range and that seems to eliminate the constant locking up of my network and rebooting of the router.

Thx again for all your help so far!

So some bad news. I’ve had to reboot the router once the past two days in a row the internet has dropped out and it’s the only way to get it working again. Let me know what to do here? Is it the unit?

• Administrators
15 hours ago, mvittorio said:

So some bad news. I’ve had to reboot the router once the past two days in a row the internet has dropped out and it’s the only way to get it working again. Let me know what to do here? Is it the unit?

Could you disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN please and were all the static IPs you set still active? It is an issue we're looking into at the moment.

Also a couple side notes, nothing of malfunctioning wise, but mainly questions/minor issues.

I keep getting prompted all of the time on every dumaos interface page to do the step by step tutorial, is there anyway to disable this from popping up every time I visit a dumaos page? This seems like the last update I pushed disabled the one time show of new features tutorial per page. Now it just shows every time on most of the app interface pages.

Also I've been noticing the speed test history doesn't save on the dumaos connection benchmark page, once you leave the page.

And I'm trying to figure out why my ping has started to be way under load, what could I look at settings wise to improve this through the dumaos router?

Let me know if the ping under load is possibly related to the ipv6 issues you guys are looking into right now?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Great, keep us posted!

Have you bookmarked the URL to access the interface? If so you likely booked the URL that includes the tour by accident, if so just adjust the bookmark URL to 192.168.77.1 and it should work.

Do you complete a full test of Connection Benchmark before leaving the page or switch page after the speed part is done?

Could you clarify this point please? The idea is to have Ping Under Load as low as possible.

I don't necessarily think IPv6 is causing the disconnections but it is one thing to exclude, I doubt it would have any impact on Ping Under Load.