Strict NAT

broderick1000

I've had an open NAT all the way up until the power outage on Feb.15th. I've tried everything from factory reset to rebooting my Xbox and router. I currently have an AT&T gateway with the internet set to passthrough to my netduma R1. The R1 does not recognize my Xbox with Upnp enabled. I port forwarded all the correct ports and still get the error of Nat strict UPnP not successful. Dont know what else to do.

Op the first thing I would do in this situation is to check what port your Xbox is using.. Go into your Xbox and then to Network Settings.. Then go to Advance Settings.. On the very bottom of the Advance Settings will be what port your Xbox is using.. Usually its 3074.. But sometimes it can change if you have had a power outage or something out of the ordinary happens..

Id delete all your current port forwarding rules you have and start from scratch.. And make only a port forwarding rule just for the port your Xbox shows in the Advance Settings of the Xbox..

As an example lets say your Xbox port is still 3074.. Heres how I would set up the rule bellow..

Source Port..3074 Destination. 3544

Source Port. 3544 Destination. 3074

That would be for both TCP and UDP.. Even though UDP usually just works by itself..

Try that combination above and dont forget to double check what port your Xbox is actually using..

I noticed in your AT&T gateway that in the service tab it has 3544.. Which is why I suggest trying the port arrangement above.. 3544 is used in this situation when one usually has only IPV4..

Hopefully this gets you an Open NAT.

Good luck!

Zippy..

Your welcome @Netduma Liam! Wish it would have worked for him.. This one is very strange and doesn't make sense..  I think some screenshots are needed as well to make sure nothing is being missed..  It wouldnt hurt to have a screenshot as well of his Advance Network settings on his Xbox if possible.. The only other thing is if he is using the Geo Filter.. Could be blocking a server possibly..  

Zippy.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, broderick1000 said:

Thanks guys for all your help. The new update worked. My NAT is now open. The new UI is crazy. I know you guys have moved on to newer products, but thank you for looking out for the original  R1 users. 

That's really great to hear, glad you're liking it! 

Of course, we haven't forgotten that without people believing in us and purchasing the R1 that we wouldn't be here today so we'll support the R1 for as long as we can.

As your issue is resolved I'll close the topic, feel free to open another if needed and we'll be happy to help.