Is sleeping near my xr500 bad?

AzeRuS94

I always wondered if I should turn off every night my xr500 and isp router as they are in my bedroom and I sleep like 2 meters away from them. Is it safe to have them in my room? Because I can't move them anywhere else. 

• Administrators

I had a quick Google and the results are mixed - some say it's not great for you and others say it's too low power to cause any harm. If it concerns you then turning them off would be the best option. Actually the better idea for the XR500 at least would be to turn off the WiFi using a schedule in Advanced WiFi settings. Your ISP router you can just disable the WiFi as all devices should be connected to the XR anyway for optimum performance.

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I had a quick Google and the results are mixed - some say it's not great for you and others say it's too low power to cause any harm. If it concerns you then turning them off would be the best option. Actually the better idea for the XR500 at least would be to turn off the WiFi using a schedule in Advanced WiFi settings. Your ISP router you can just disable the WiFi as all devices should be connected to the XR anyway for optimum performance.

Yeah, I just enabled the scheduling option. Regarding turning the isp wifi off I can't because the isp doesn't want me to access their router interface. However I found online the user and password and everytime I disable the wifi on both the 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz, they restart the router interface settings 🥲🤣. Will this cause any interferance or problem with the xr500?

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I've been doing it for years, still here :D

Makes me feel a bit itchy but luckily I can just scratch it with my third hand!

24 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Yeah, I just enabled the scheduling option. Regarding turning the isp wifi off I can't because the isp doesn't want me to access their router interface. However I found online the user and password and everytime I disable the wifi on both the 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz, they restart the router interface settings 🥲🤣. Will this cause any interferance or problem with the xr500?

That's very odd, if it is one with WiFi antennae that you can detach you can take them off and that will limit its' range. I'd suggest using a WiFi analyzer and finding the least congested channels and changing the XR500 to use those. If possible put the ISP router furthest away from the rest of the house in a corner of the room.