Can't get the dashboard to load

Shecki

I don't understand how the R2 could've given you an address from the Xfinity's range if it was connected to it. Sorry to be a pain, could you unplug the WAN from the R2, reboot the R2 then in your command line type 'ipconfig /renew'. See if it still gives you a 10.0.0.x address.

On 2/17/2021 at 10:04 AM, Netduma Liam said:

I don't understand how the R2 could've given you an address from the Xfinity's range if it was connected to it. Sorry to be a pain, could you unplug the WAN from the R2, reboot the R2 then in your command line type 'ipconfig /renew'. See if it still gives you a 10.0.0.x address.

Liam, absolutely. But, before I do that.....what are you considering a reboot? Unplugging, letting it sit for a bit and then plugging it back in? Or holding reset for 30 seconds and then releasing the reset button?

Problem I’m having now is that the ports that have lan plugged in from PC’s (port 1 and 3) will go solid for about 3 seconds, shut off for about 7 seconds and just repeat this over and over. They never stay solid. 

• Administrators

Okay that's odd regarding the ports, is the WiFi active and joinable - even if you don't get internet? If so can you access the interface that way - if not can you do ipconfig there and see whether you see the same results please?

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's odd regarding the ports, is the WiFi active and joinable - even if you don't get internet? If so can you access the interface that way - if not can you do ipconfig there and see whether you see the same results please?

The motherboards for both of the PC's in this office don't have wifi capabilities. I won't be able to join a wireless network with them.

Is there a way to just set this thing back to the way it came out of the box? I've tried both unplugging it for a bit and holding the reset down for over 30 seconds....and neither seem to get this router back to working. Still strange though that I run both PC's through it without a problem. I just can't use the DumaOS functionality.

1 hour ago, Shecki said:

Is there a way to just set this thing back to the way it came out of the box? I've tried both unplugging it for a bit and holding the reset down for over 30 seconds....and neither seem to get this router back to working. Still strange though that I run both PC's through it without a problem. I just can't use the DumaOS functionality.

Typically this would be done using the reset button on the back. The reason you still have connectivity is because the R2 is just acting like a switch now, not a router.

When do you last remember being able to access the DumaOS interface? Has it started behaving like this after any configuration changes or firmware updates?

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Typically this would be done using the reset button on the back. The reason you still have connectivity is because the R2 is just acting like a switch now, not a router.

When do you last remember being able to access the DumaOS interface? Has it started behaving like this after any configuration changes or firmware updates?

I hadn't used it in a bit because we were renovating the office here. I started using it again about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It went into DumaOS the first time I plugged it in and tried to get to the dashboard....and did so successfully.  Ever since then, it has just been doing the same thing talked about in this thread.....which is essentially just a switch with no ability to get to the dashboard.

9 hours ago, Shecki said:

I hadn't used it in a bit because we were renovating the office here. I started using it again about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It went into DumaOS the first time I plugged it in and tried to get to the dashboard....and did so successfully.  Ever since then, it has just been doing the same thing talked about in this thread.....which is essentially just a switch with no ability to get to the dashboard.

How strange, I don't see why leaving it unplugged for a while would cause that. I don't suppose you remember by any chance what firmware you would've been running at the time? Have you always used the same power adapter you received with the R2?

It was updated with the current version the last time it was up and running...able to get to the dashboard. I don't think you guys have changed it in a couple of months, correct? And yes, it's always been the power adapter that came with the unit.

• Administrators

Newest update was this month .205 - could you unplug the WAN/internet cable from the R2 - then set a static IP on the PC:

IP - 192.168.77.2
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.77.1 

then see if you can access the interface when just the PC and power are connected.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:46 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Newest update was this month .205 - could you unplug the WAN/internet cable from the R2 - then set a static IP on the PC:

IP - 192.168.77.2
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.77.1 

then see if you can access the interface when just the PC and power are connected.

Hi Fraiser. Tried it, got nothing. Page wouldn't load.

staticip.PNG

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you just add 192.168.77.1 to the primary DNS as well please and try?

Still nothing. Again, went through all the steps this morning to try and just get this router to reset back to factory so that I can try and actually use it as it was intended. Hoping to see the light at the end of this tunnel soon. Thanks for your help.

primarydns.PNG

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Shecki said:

Still nothing. Again, went through all the steps this morning to try and just get this router to reset back to factory so that I can try and actually use it as it was intended. Hoping to see the light at the end of this tunnel soon. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, that's my fault, I meant add the DNS in addition to the IP, Subnet and gateway info that you put in as well

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry, that's my fault, I meant add the DNS in addition to the IP, Subnet and gateway info that you put in as well

No worries. Gave that a go. Still won't load up.....

staticipwprimaryDNS.PNG