Can't get the dashboard to load

Shecki

Typing in 192.168.77.1 and it's just spinning and spinning. I can use the router as a router, I'm getting connection....but I'm not able to log on to the dashboard. I tried reseting it on the back by holding down the reset for 30 seconds, still not able to get in. Any kind of way to get in there?

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear that!

Can you try accessing it via http://dumaos/ instead? 

Please also clear browser cache and try with different browsers to see if the issue persists.

Thanks for the reply Nathan. Yeah, tried it using Edge as well....no luck there either. I also tried the web address that you provided about and it just routes me to netduma.com.

Any other suggestions?

59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Open Command Prompt on the PC, then type

ipconfig

and press enter and post the results here please. On the results you'll see a gateway entry with an IP, try to access using that IP instead please.

I probably should've mentioned, I'm getting ethernet to the R2 from an Xfinity Xfi modem. This PC however is running directly from the R2. Also, at one point, right when I hooked the R2 up, I was able to get to Duma OS. I need 6 lines for connection in this room, so both routers I have don't have enough lan outputs by themselves.

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That shouldn't be a problem, if you're getting an internet connection then you can't have gone too wrong with the setup...

Could you provide the 'ipconfig' output as Fraser suggested?

Absolutely.

ipconfig.PNG

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you definitely connected to the R2? If you navigate to 10.0.0.1 in your browser, where does that take you?

That address is for the Xfi router/modem from Xfinity, but yes, that PC is lan in right from the R2. That’s what I was trying to explain. I’m def going into the R2, but it’s coming up with that address in ipconfig. 

1 hour ago, Shecki said:

That address is for the Xfi router/modem from Xfinity, but yes, that PC is lan in right from the R2. That’s what I was trying to explain. I’m def going into the R2, but it’s coming up with that address in ipconfig. 

That's strange! Sorry for any confusion caused. Could you disconnect the WAN cable from the R2 and reboot it. Once it's back up, run ipconfig again and see what address you get this time.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:33 AM, Netduma Liam said:

That's strange! Sorry for any confusion caused. Could you disconnect the WAN cable from the R2 and reboot it. Once it's back up, run ipconfig again and see what address you get this time.

Just gave it a try.....same one as before. By rebooting it, I assume you just mean unplugging it, unplugging the WAN line, plugging it back in letting it boot up and then re-connect the WAN. I didn't "reset" it because you didn't mention anything about the reset button on the back.

Yes, but don't connect the WAN again. So unplug the WAN, unplug the R2, wait 30 seconds or so, plug the R2 back in again.

Then run 'ipconfig' and see what the output is, you won't have an internet connection, I'm just curious as to whether it will give you a different IP.

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yes, but don't connect the WAN again. So unplug the WAN, unplug the R2, wait 30 seconds or so, plug the R2 back in again.

Then run 'ipconfig' and see what the output is, you won't have an internet connection, I'm just curious as to whether it will give you a different IP.

Uplugged the WAN from the R2, went to the command prompt and typed in ipconfig and this is what I got. It looks pretty similar. Same 10.0.0.1 even with no WAN in.

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

So this was just PC > ethernet > R2 LAN port and just that can power connected to the R2? I'm not sure how it would have been able to tell it was using comcast DNS as it shouldn't have had internet. What happens if you access 10.0.0.1 now?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So this was just PC > ethernet > R2 LAN port and just that can power connected to the R2? I'm not sure how it would have been able to tell it was using comcast DNS as it shouldn't have had internet. What happens if you access 10.0.0.1 now?

Yep. I actually just did it again with the same result. I'll post both screenshots. One of 10.0.0.1 after it would not load and then right after that, I an command and still got a default gateway with that address....

xfinity without wan.PNG

ipconfig without wan.PNG

When I punch in the xfinity gateway address, it pops up no problem.....even though this PC is going into the R2 (again, that is going into the Xfinity modem). It's like it's bypassing right past the R2 and using it as a switch or something....and not being recognized as a router.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hold the reset button of the R2 down for 30 seconds, release then wait 1-2 minutes then try to access using the 192.168.77.1 address.

I've done that.....same result. In fact..... I just tried it again, and after holding in the reset for over 30 seconds, it wouldn't even reset.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Go to Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet > Click WiFi or ethernet > Click the network name > Scroll down to IP settings > What does it say for IP Assignment?

Auto DHCP

Capture.PNG