Destiny 2 and steam datagram relay

Gargantua

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We will need to investigate that once it happens and see if there is anything we can do to make it compatible, it may be like PC in that we may need to make significant changes.

I'm new to the forum. How do I find out about a fix when it comes out?

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 6:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We will need to investigate that once it happens and see if there is anything we can do to make it compatible, it may be like PC in that we may need to make significant changes.

Yes Fraser please keep us updated, the sdr just hit consoles and the geofilter function do not work anymore. I use to geofilter for ping and select my county only and I'm quite sure that now I'm matching people around the world with bad pings.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, aLe said:

Yes Fraser please keep us updated, the sdr just hit consoles and the geofilter function do not work anymore. I use to geofilter for ping and select my county only and I'm quite sure that now I'm matching people around the world with bad pings.

You'll probably only be able to filter using servers now like other games with the Geo-Filter, in which case you'll still have the advantage if you're close to the server.

I haven't been able to get it working at all this week. When I test by flying into the tower, there are always other players there now. Does mean it's netduma is done? Will you guys be able to make a patch for SDR? This really isn't cool

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Ghostinlife said:

I haven't been able to get it working at all this week. When I test by flying into the tower, there are always other players there now. Does mean it's netduma is done? Will you guys be able to make a patch for SDR? This really isn't cool

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Due to their recent update their matchmaking system has changed so we're testing this currently and will deploy a cloud update as soon as we can to improve filtering. Most likely you'll be able to filter servers like most games and no longer be able to match solo or against friends

• 1 month later...

I've been abe to get geofilter to work only if I set to filter and restart the game. I'm able to do activities solo again. The problem lies in that when filtering is on nobody is able to join the Fireteam, but if you go to spectating so they can join. Filtering stops working until your restart the game. So to sum things up. Matchmaking with yourself or buddies still won't work because nobody can join when your filtering is on. Hope that helps you guys a bit. 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, alioua said:

@Fraser any update or news?

You should be able to filter servers now like other games but not for getting ghost lobbies etc.

18 minutes ago, Ghostinlife said:

I've been abe to get geofilter to work only if I set to filter and restart the game. I'm able to do activities solo again. The problem lies in that when filtering is on nobody is able to join the Fireteam, but if you go to spectating so they can join. Filtering stops working until your restart the game. So to sum things up. Matchmaking with yourself or buddies still won't work because nobody can join when your filtering is on. Hope that helps you guys a bit. 

If you add them to your allow list they can join you with Filtering Mode enabled.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should be able to filter servers now like other games but not for getting ghost lobbies etc.

If you add them to your allow list they can join you with Filtering Mode enabled.

I'll give it a try again, but a couple weeks ago friends on my allow list weren't able to join either. I wasn't even able to join onto myself with my second PlayStation. This only happened if I started the game with geofilter on. Once I went to spectating and then back to filtering. People joining me wasn't an issue. I would like them to be able to join on that first boot when everything is blocked. 

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Ghostinlife said:

I'll give it a try again, but a couple weeks ago friends on my allow list weren't able to join either. I wasn't even able to join onto myself with my second PlayStation. This only happened if I started the game with geofilter on. Once I went to spectating and then back to filtering. People joining me wasn't an issue. I would like them to be able to join on that first boot when everything is blocked. 

Before you start the game add them to a private/party chat and add them that way, then when you boot up the game they'll be allowed and Filtering will be active