Firmware factory resets

All beta firmwares after being installed and factory reset do not fully reset. After loading up they hold onto past information on qos for example with speed set to what you previously had it. And always on checked........ I have literally spent all morning trying to work out why I'm getting packet burst in warzone and I've just realised that factory resetting resets stuff but doesn't change the ui. So I had to reset my speeds turn it off turn it back on. To get it to work. 

I've also just figured out that when prioritising all ports to my playstation it bypasses all qos congestion control and bandwidth allocation don't know if this is a bug or because all ports are prioritised  I would have thought I could still limit my bandwidth and prior ports🤔

Beta 114 xr500

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into that reset issue and see if I can replicate it then pass it over to the team!

Where are you seeing that the PS is bypassing QoS? What is indicating this?

Okay so if I prioritise ports sorce port 1-65535 end port 1-65535 to my playstation 5.... (I was looking for an ulternative method for prioritising ports and simplifying it). With qos set to 70% and bandwidth allocation set to not share. My pc and xbox will run at around 17mb through dslreports. Indicating broadband allocation is working when I do a playstation test I get around 73mb Indicating its bypassing it. Literally as soon as I turn off the prioritising ports and test playstation again I get around 17mb

I have managed a next step up solution to prioritising ports I do source port 1-65535 destination port 3074-65535 THIS seems to fix the situation and it prioritises all ports for warzone and also enables me to bandwidth control.

Oh and the only firmware that resets for me after factory resetting is the 56 duma os 2 version after I factory rest that I get the whole tour pop up again and everything is actually reset properly

10 hours ago, Newfie said:

How are you resetting, via the software or rear pin hole ?

Via the software. Havent tried a reset through the pin hole gathered they would or should do the same thing. And I can never find something small enough to bother 😅😂

29 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

Via the software. Havent tried a reset through the pin hole gathered they would or should do the same thing. And I can never find something small enough to bother 😅😂

I would reset using the pinhole to see if your results are the same. Could be a software glitch. I use a old friend that’s been with me for years for resetting 😂

21 minutes ago, Newfie said:

I would reset using the pinhole to see if your results are the same. Could be a software glitch. I use a old friend that’s been with me for years for resetting 😂

I'll do that today before back to work tomorrow just to see what I find. I'll firmware downgrade to 104 and see if I can fully complete tests. As the ping underload on 114 is way off compared and I can get some more screenshots

52 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That’s great, thanks. Hopefully this method will clear out any old info and you should see a nice new setup.

So it has resolved the ui holding onto information like in the qos after factory resetting from system I'd go back onto qos and see my speeds and sliders where they previously was even after a reset. But the same issue applies on beta 104. Connection benchmark mark just will not run a test no matter what I do

Just now, l2eactionz said:

So it has resolved the ui holding onto information like in the qos after factory resetting from system I'd go back onto qos and see my speeds and sliders where they previously was even after a reset. But the same issue applies on beta 104. Connection benchmark mark just will not run a test no matter what I do

Thanks for testing the reset, I believe the pin hole method is what NG recommend for resets.

hopefully Fraser or Liam will know more on the software side of the beta for you.

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

Thanks for testing the reset, I believe the pin hole method is what NG recommend for resets.

hopefully Fraser or Liam will know more on the software side of the beta for you.

Well currently beta 114 does seem to be the most stable. Except connection benchmark that never changes no matter what settings you change. On 104 the connection benchmark worked for 3 tests and the ping underload was alot better but then I never managed to complete another one lol even after today factory resetting by the pin connection benchmark froze. So I'm back on 114 as it is definitely the most stable. Just a shame I can't tweak the settings through that and relying on dslreports bufferbloat for now

2 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

Well currently beta 114 does seem to be the most stable. Except connection benchmark that never changes no matter what settings you change. On 104 the connection benchmark worked for 3 tests and the ping underload was alot better but then I never managed to complete another one lol even after today factory resetting by the pin connection benchmark froze. So I'm back on 114 as it is definitely the most stable. Just a shame I can't tweak the settings through that and relying on dslreports bufferbloat for now

So if you run two tests back to back, one with QoS fully disabled and another with it on, you see no difference at all?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

So if you run two tests back to back, one with QoS fully disabled and another with it on, you see no difference at all?

so these are my tests with qos on at 70% and disabled in the drop down menu. on 104 the ping underload was better but after 2 tests ive never been able to get it working

test without.png

with.png