R1 caps my internet speed at 90 mbps

So i upgraded the firmware to the latest DumaOs, but most of the time the interface wouldnt even load. So had to downgrade to the latest r1 firmware.

I have a 500 down and 100 up connection. I was getting 480 down and 98 up. But once in a while R1 would cap my speed at 90 mbps down and 90 up, i had to either reboot from the interface or reset the router manually to fix it.

The past 2 3 days it randomly caps my speed at 90 and no matter how many times i reset the router it still stays at 90 or its sometimes even 10 mbps.

No idea why this is happening. So anyways I went ahead and ordered an R2 and hopefully it doesnt do the same thing.

Hi

Please don't create multiple threads regarding the same issue/topic. Your identical thread you created I have removed.

Not sure why your R1 is capping your speeds so drastically but the R2 can certainly cope with your speeds no problem. Hopefully a Netduma Tech will reply soon as possible.

10 hours ago, Ashkan Phenom said:

So i upgraded the firmware to the latest DumaOs, but most of the time the interface wouldnt even load. So had to downgrade to the latest r1 firmware.

I have a 500 down and 100 up connection. I was getting 480 down and 98 up. But once in a while R1 would cap my speed at 90 mbps down and 90 up, i had to either reboot from the interface or reset the router manually to fix it.

The past 2 3 days it randomly caps my speed at 90 and no matter how many times i reset the router it still stays at 90 or its sometimes even 10 mbps.

No idea why this is happening. So anyways I went ahead and ordered an R2 and hopefully it doesnt do the same thing.

Thanks for posting, are these speeds over wired or wireless? If wired, it's worth just switching out the cables so we can quickly rule those out.

Which firmware version did you downgrade to? It's worth also performing a factory reset after a down/upgrade to clear any low-level code.

Hi. 

These speeds are wired using cat 6 cable straight from R1 to my pc. And Ive checked the cables using a cable tester and wires are connected on both ends.

I downgraded to 1.03.6j

Havent done a factory reset, will surely do. Thanks

7 hours ago, Ashkan Phenom said:

Hi. 

These speeds are wired using cat 6 cable straight from R1 to my pc. And Ive checked the cables using a cable tester and wires are connected on both ends.

I downgraded to 1.03.6j

Havent done a factory reset, will surely do. Thanks

OK, let us know the results!

On 2/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, BIG__DOG said:

Hi

Please don't create multiple threads regarding the same issue/topic. Your identical thread you created I have removed.

Not sure why your R1 is capping your speeds so drastically but the R2 can certainly cope with your speeds no problem. Hopefully a Netduma Tech will reply soon as possible.

actually i had no idea that i created a duplicate post, sorry about that

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're on .6j now I assume you've set your bandwidth and allowed it to auto setup for you so that turbo and super turbo modes are enabled?

yes, those 2 are on and whenever i wanna use CC, I just turn off super turbo mode.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Ashkan Phenom said:

yes, those 2 are on and whenever i wanna use CC, I just turn off super turbo mode.

It drops even with turbo/super turbo mode on? That's very odd, I don't recall it ever doing that on the original firmware. In Settings is IPv6 in LAN/WAN both disabled? 

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It drops even with turbo/super turbo mode on? That's very odd, I don't recall it ever doing that on the original firmware. In Settings is IPv6 in LAN/WAN both disabled? 

Yes it drops with those 2 on. And yes I have disabled IPv6 in both LAN/WAN

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you run the internet diagnosis test please when its dropped and post a screenshot of what you see, make sure to click to show the additional information. 

I did another factory reset and for now it seems to hold the speed at 480 down and 98 up. and this is the diagnosis when speed is good. if it gets capped again I will do another diagnosis and report back here

duma 480.jpg