Mileage with Netgear XR1000

nph84

Hello, fellow Netduma users. I have been using the R2 since August and although I am really liking all the QOS options and gamer specific choices of the DumaOS, I really wish it had more power so I am thinking about getting an XR1000.

Anyone here in the forums that has used the XR1000 for a decent amount of time would you be able to provide your experiences with this device? Are there frequent reboots needed, etc etc...

Much appreciated, thanks.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:57 PM, nph84 said:

Power in regards to the WIFI bandwidth speed capacities, when I watch large files over the network there is a lot of buffering and I have to compress them down just for them to be viewable. Thank you for the information.

Not worth it yet. Unless they release stable fw soon

• Administrators

It's important to note that not everyone has the same amount of issues as fiefo, it's also a support forum so you will see issues posted a lot but in comparison to the number of customers using it, it's not a lot at all. There are issues but not everyone has them and we'll get them sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nph84 said:

Been using the XR1000 router for almost a couple weeks and things seem to be working very well. Really enjoying the extra throughput and future proofing. I am very pleased with the plethora of options and the ability to save the settings.

Awesome, glad to hear it! Let us know if you need anything.