Apex Legends

MrDeadDad

32 minutes ago, MrDeadDad said:

Connect to New York server. For some reason they are better for me as far as ping and PL.. very weird I know. Try that and see if it’ll help. Make sure you have the geo-filter far enough to allow the server to be connected.

once I did that, I can connect better, but staying connected after the match is over has been a bit of a mild annoyance. Also, before you do anything in game, reboot modem and R2 and see if that’ll help. 

ps... adjust your radius bigger for the geo-filter. Mines set at 750 miles. 

New York servers are absolutely terrible for me. Ive tried to put it in specific places such as Dallas, Virginia, New York, S Carolina. The only one I find to be ok but not all the time is Dallas. Still working with 70ms-100ms ping. Im in FL just so you know. Does the Geo filter radius really matter if the filter is off? Ill try it. 

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The ping on Apex is likely showing your ping to the server plus processing delay, have you enabled the setting to see the ping in game? Does that fluctuate a lot? Good suggestion above! My ping to my closest server is about 15-25ms as shown before the game and then 50ms in game so it's definitely processing delay and other factors on their end. Maybe the disappearing person was someone who used Revenants totem?

Yes I have the setting enabled and usually itll fluctuate +- 10ms. If it does so any further than that then Ill notice some terrible lag in game.

Not on revenant totem as I would have seen Fuse go back to it after I hit him. Plus they're a lava like color when they go to the totem. He was just skipping everywhere. 

18 minutes ago, noz79 said:

New York servers are absolutely terrible for me. Ive tried to put it in specific places such as Dallas, Virginia, New York, S Carolina. The only one I find to be ok but not all the time is Dallas. Still working with 70ms-100ms ping. Im in FL just so you know. Does the Geo filter radius really matter if the filter is off? Ill try it. 

Yes I have the setting enabled and usually itll fluctuate +- 10ms. If it does so any further than that then Ill notice some terrible lag in game.

Not on revenant totem as I would have seen Fuse go back to it after I hit him. Plus they're a lava like color when they go to the totem. He was just skipping everywhere. 

Yea getting 70-100ms ping is quite unusual. Are you getting packet loss in the process? Connection troubleshooting (ea.com) .. UO Trace program, scroll down until you see it.

Download that and follow the instructions. It'll tell you if youre getting packet loss connecting to ea servers. Also, try a unplug modem and R2 and let the R2 get a refresh.. worked for me the most..

15 minutes ago, MrDeadDad said:

Yea getting 70-100ms ping is quite unusual. Are you getting packet loss in the process? Connection troubleshooting (ea.com) .. UO Trace program, scroll down until you see it.

Download that and follow the instructions. It'll tell you if youre getting packet loss connecting to ea servers. Also, try a unplug modem and R2 and let the R2 get a refresh.. worked for me the most..

I just had a match that started at 30ms after changing the Geo Filter settings to include Ny. 888 mile radius. During the middle of the game it spikes up to 120 then slowly comes back down to 60 fluctuating +- 20ms when I could watch it.  

I did the Ea thing earlier to check for packet loss and they told me to open up the ports for the game so thats what Ive been trying and the game feels foreign to me lately. Im definitely not new to the game. I play this game so much I could feel the small minor differences when Im playing. Im not liking this season so far because of inconsistency. 

Ranked__Screenshot_2021-02-07_15-46-48.png

9 minutes ago, noz79 said:

I just had a match that started at 30ms after changing the Geo Filter settings to include Ny. 888 mile radius. During the middle of the game it spikes up to 120 then slowly comes back down to 60 fluctuating +- 20ms when I could watch it.  

I did the Ea thing earlier to check for packet loss and they told me to open up the ports for the game so thats what Ive been trying and the game feels foreign to me lately. Im definitely not new to the game. I play this game so much I could feel the small minor differences when Im playing. Im not liking this season so far because of inconsistency. 

Ranked__Screenshot_2021-02-07_15-46-48.png

I see youre on the xr500.. i didnt like the xr500 for me. I don't think the software works 100% properly on netgears products. thats just me. Why i bought a direct R2. With it doing good then spiking.. thats crazy. Might be bad lines. is your ps4 on a static IP address for the xr500? Set up to be a certain IP address at all times? Just makes no sense as to why it did good then bottomed out.

Are you using the QoS, adjusting the percentages and finding out if anything else is sucking up the bandwidth?

• Administrators

I think as above we'll need to focus on QoS here, what is your exact physical setup? Are ALL devices connected to the router? Are you playing over ethernet or wifi - if WiFi are you using Smart Connect? What are your QoS settings?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think as above we'll need to focus on QoS here, what is your exact physical setup? Are ALL devices connected to the router? Are you playing over ethernet or wifi - if WiFi are you using Smart Connect? What are your QoS settings?

The only two things I have connected to the router are my desktop and ps4 direct. 

QOS settings are 100mbps dl and 10mbps ul for the ps4. My Isp service is 1000mbps dl and 50 upload. 

XR500 router

Fraser these problems are on EA side

yesterday i did play on a google server wich isnt anywhere listet.

my highest ping on any eu server is 22ms and that server was at 40ms.

netduma app showed me it's located in switzerland

i did ping a server in zurich and i get the 40ms ping so they added a new switzerland google server to apex but u cant pick it as a datacenter.

Frankfurt  1 disappeared and few other US servers disappeared.

also packetloss serverside.i bootet up the game looked at the datacenters and only google server packetloss jumped to 80% and settled down.

its random...

eu and us servers have the same problem.

sometimes it runs good but on some servers its lagging all the time randomly...

they maybe put down some servers for battlefield 6 game testing?!

19 hours ago, MrDeadDad said:

Connect to New York server. For some reason they are better for me as far as ping and PL.. very weird I know. Try that and see if it’ll help. Make sure you have the geo-filter far enough to allow the server to be connected.

once I did that, I can connect better, but staying connected after the match is over has been a bit of a mild annoyance. Also, before you do anything in game, reboot modem and R2 and see if that’ll help. 

ps... adjust your radius bigger for the geo-filter. Mines set at 750 miles. 

I kept playing like this throughout the night and it was more consistent than having it off. After every game I had gotten a code leaf but got right back in it. The guns felt like they were actually doing damage for a change, I almost started to feel sorry for some of the players I downed because it felt so much more quicker. I downed a Bloodhound that went into their ultimate with a blue body shield in just a few rounds. When I usually play Im almost at the end of my clip when they get downed but this time, at least for one game, I had plenty in the mag for someone else. It felt good but again if the game can stay like this and be consistent then I can be as well. Its terrible trying to figure out how hard your bullets are hitting and how hard youre receiving them. My health doesnt usually go down in increments, its just like bam 150 health down to 50 in a split second. Its not like this all the time but when I figure out its like that for that game I have to adjust and it can be frustrating. So when I go down I look at how many people shot me to see and sometimes its two but when its one, you have to wonder whats going on. 

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have other devices in the home? - what are they connected to?

Have you set that using Anti-Bufferbloat or Bandwidth Allocation?

Bandwidth Allocation and I only turn it on when Im playing. Otherwise its on Auto-Enable. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK cool, sounds like it's running pretty well at the moment right? Let us know if you have any further queries.

I noticed that whenever an update is coming out Apex, the game runs very bad. Tomorrow there is an update coming out for the event. So usually about a week prior to an event there will be bad games. Forgot to mention that. Hopefully itll get even better from here on out.

22 hours ago, noz79 said:

I kept playing like this throughout the night and it was more consistent than having it off. After every game I had gotten a code leaf but got right back in it. The guns felt like they were actually doing damage for a change, I almost started to feel sorry for some of the players I downed because it felt so much more quicker. I downed a Bloodhound that went into their ultimate with a blue body shield in just a few rounds. When I usually play Im almost at the end of my clip when they get downed but this time, at least for one game, I had plenty in the mag for someone else. It felt good but again if the game can stay like this and be consistent then I can be as well. Its terrible trying to figure out how hard your bullets are hitting and how hard youre receiving them. My health doesnt usually go down in increments, its just like bam 150 health down to 50 in a split second. Its not like this all the time but when I figure out its like that for that game I have to adjust and it can be frustrating. So when I go down I look at how many people shot me to see and sometimes its two but when its one, you have to wonder whats going on. 

Good it’s gotten better. I think the whole thing is unexplainable packet loss with in the process of connecting and staying connected to ea servers. Like you mentioned, one game you’re melting ppl easily, next it’s taking half a clip or so. Same as far as getting hit and taking damage, even with a blue or purple shield. It’s a lot of inconsistency that definitely needs to be fixed, if they are willing to fix it, or want too.