Port 3074 , Moderate NAT ports

CRarsenxL

Port 3074 is responsible for a lot of things. Data stats and even gaming traffic as well as holding PS to have open NAT 

moderate Nate uses ports in 30000 range I believe. 

what if bc 3074 is bottlenecked with how much it is used that trying to prio that (open nat) feels worse?

moderate nat uses ports that aren’t as congested as the port 3074

1 hour ago, fiefo said:

Moderate NAT uses alternate ports in the 30000+ range if it is unable to connect to 3074. 

@RedBull2k might be able to speak on this.

You got your wires a bit crossed.

Moderate NAT or STRICT will only exsist if there are issues with getting an open NAT

Port 3074 in general is used for call of duty,  the 30000 range is used on the recievers end. We have no control over what port the reciever uses.

If port 3074 on your end has not been forwarded, not in upnp or DMZ then your likerly going to get a moderate or strict nat type.

your device is responsible for what port it uses, and if it finds that it cant communicate on 3074 then the logical thing it does is adds 1 to the range. Now it will look at 3075, then 3076 etc.

There are other scenarios, but we dont need to go into that.

In the Image below is what it should look like when you set a rule for those port ranges. This has nothing to do with NAT Type or anything like that. Also disable all other rules if any are active. TP is used to make sure your gaming traffic has priority this way there will be no bottleneck caused by your other devices connected to your DUMAOS.

tp.jpg

We prioritise 3074 as that is the port we use internally.

We can only prioritise traffic thats in our router.  We can not control the outside world. 

When we are in a game the servers use a different range. Maybe this is why your confused.

The reason why some of us narrow down ports in tp,  is because we only want the actual game to have priority and not the other non essential game ports.

From my experience on PS4, most of the time I'm getting connected to servers in the 30000-39999 port range. I've only taken note of 2 games which were in 40000 and 41000.

During the game there are usually 2 other IP's CW communicates with, either amazon, demonware or blizzard in my case. They also use the 30000 udp port range and random TCP ranges which we don't care about cause we never prioritise TCP. Not many packets are sent to these via udp, from what I see it's always under 200 so I doubt it would affect gaming.