Ethernet connection dropping out.

Scoflo

Hi Fraser,

I'm getting random disconnects with my ethernet connection, wifi appears to be unaffected though. Cables are good and connections are nice and snug. Is there anything I can try to investigate this issue? The disconnects last between 30 seconds to a couple of minutes but always come back on without having to reset the router or modem.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Fraser,

I'm on the .179 firmware, I'd say every couple of hours normally but it's been more frequent this morning to the point I've had to tether off my phone. I've not put the PC on a static IP address yet, I have changed the DHCP lease time to 168 hours first as per your advice on other threads. I'll try one thing at a time to isolate the issue. I'll let you know if it sorts the problem.

Hi Fraser,

Correct me if I've done anything wrong here, I've set up a static IP address for the PC and I've now checked the reserved IP box in the DHCP settings and entered the static address in there and saved it. I'll see what happens now and get back to you.

1 hour ago, Scoflo said:

Hi Fraser,

Correct me if I've done anything wrong here, I've set up a static IP address for the PC and I've now checked the reserved IP box in the DHCP settings and entered the static address in there and saved it. I'll see what happens now and get back to you.

That sounds correct, let us know how it goes!

Hi Fraser and Liam,

This seems to have done the trick, I've not had a disconnect since Thursday lunchtime and I work at my PC pretty much all day everyday. If I notice anything else I'll post up.

Thanks for your help.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Scoflo said:

Hi Fraser and Liam,

This seems to have done the trick, I've not had a disconnect since Thursday lunchtime and I work at my PC pretty much all day everyday. If I notice anything else I'll post up.

Thanks for your help.

That's great to hear, thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it's sorted!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so a bit of an update, the disconnects continued although less frequently. It kept saying the ethernet cable is unplugged then it would reconnect or I would have to disable then re-enable for it to try and pick the Duma up again. I performed a factory reset early this morning to see if it would help then once it booted back up I re-did all the steps above.

Unfortunately it's awful now, constant disconnects of both the WiFi and ethernet connections. I plugged the ISP modem/router in for a couple of hours over lunchtime with no problems, reconnected my seperate modem and Duma after and the issue continues. The other half is cursing me for this damn thing now too.

Additional to this the WiFi strength is woeful, I know it's been said that you're looking for a fix in future updates but when is that likely to be and out of interest what can be done to rectify through the software?

Can you advise on how I go about stopping these constant disconnects please.

Good morning Fraser, 

The update won't load, it got to about 20% then stalled. I tried rebooting as per your suggestion in the update thread and now I can't establish any connection at all, it spent about 10 minutes stating ethernet unplugged it then eventually connected stating Unidentified network (attached) but with no connection and now it has gone back to saying cable unplugged again.

It's getting to the point where I'm starting to lose my cool with these ongoing issues, I'm currently tethering off my phone in order to get a productive days work in which is unacceptable (the geofilter function is secondary to me). If this router isn't going to provide a stable connection then I need to pursue a return and refund and look at other options.

Unidentified Network.PNG

Cable unplugged.PNG

1 hour ago, Scoflo said:

Good morning Fraser, 

The update won't load, it got to about 20% then stalled. I tried rebooting as per your suggestion in the update thread and now I can't establish any connection at all, it spent about 10 minutes stating ethernet unplugged it then eventually connected stating Unidentified network (attached) but with no connection and now it has gone back to saying cable unplugged again.

It's getting to the point where I'm starting to lose my cool with these ongoing issues, I'm currently tethering off my phone in order to get a productive days work in which is unacceptable (the geofilter function is secondary to me). If this router isn't going to provide a stable connection then I need to pursue a return and refund and look at other options.

Unidentified Network.PNG

Cable unplugged.PNG

You may just need to go ahead and factory reset, we'd suggest you do this after the upgrade but go ahead and do that now then hopefully you can run through the setup and upgrade to the latest firmware without trouble.

Liam/Fraser,

We're not getting anywhere with these issues, I appreciate both of you helping but no product should require this amount of resetting/rebooting or adjustment. It's clearly faulty and as such I want to exercise my right to a full refund please.

Is it just a case of linking this thread to an email to Netduma?

I had a similar issue with ethernet disconnects with my pc from router. I did this and it seemed to have fixed the issue.:

1. Network Reset on pc

2. Rolled back my NIC to an older driver

3. Changed my DHCP lease time 72 hours (I believe anything greater than 24 hours should be fine)

Just some suggestions. Just one other caveat I am using 

a Realtek NIC not Intel.

6 minutes ago, Scoflo said:

Liam/Fraser,

We're not getting anywhere with these issues, I appreciate both of you helping but no product should require this amount of resetting/rebooting or adjustment. It's clearly faulty and as such I want to exercise my right to a full refund please.

Is it just a case of linking this thread to an email to Netduma?

Good suggestion from PharmDawgg!

I understand your frustrations, link this thread in an email to [email protected] and I'll get the returns process going for you.

1 minute ago, PharmDawgg said:

I had a similar issue with ethernet disconnects with my pc from router. I did this and it seemed to have fixed the issue.:

1. Network Reset on pc

2. Rolled back my NIC to an older driver

3. Changed my DHCP lease time 72 hours (I believe anything greater than 24 hours should be fine)

Just some suggestions. Just one other caveat I am using 

a Realtek NIC not Intel.

Thanks Pharm,

I've completed 1 and 3, DHCP lease time was set to 168hrs. Everything is fine with the ISP modem/router so the issue isn't my side. I can't even gain access to the Dumaos now to try anything else in there so I'm going to have to walk away. It's my second unit that's failed now and I don't have the time or patience to try a third.

1 minute ago, Scoflo said:

Thanks Pharm,

I've completed 1 and 3, DHCP lease time was set to 168hrs. Everything is fine with the ISP modem/router so the issue isn't my side. I can't even gain access to the Dumaos now to try anything else in there so I'm going to have to walk away. It's my second unit that's failed now and I don't have the time or patience to try a third.

I understand. Troubleshooting can be a pain especially when there are so many parts to the puzzle.