getting packet loss

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do the PingPlotter tests via WiFi or ethernet? I didn't ask you that previously as that will make a difference to your results.

so at first i did it wifi, and then done ethernet, but the results were only marginally better. when playing FIFA, I used the polygon setting to only select London servers which worked and got in games that were displayed as 6ms, and for the most part they were fluid. however in two of the games and random points, the packet loss symbol appeared and cause really big lag spikes. also i noticed whilst using  congestion control and having my qos settings at 60 percent, i couldn't even watch YouTube videos unless it was at 144p or stream twitch on my laptop next to me. im trying to convince myself that I should keep this router because there's something in the settings I have missed out on, however I cant find a justification for paying 350 pounds for it as I would not recommend  this product to those who have money to  burn.

10 hours ago, fiefo said:

I think it’s a bug with traffic prio. Make sure your rules r deleted before doing the congestion control tests

where do i go about doing this bro? im hoping there is a bug somewhere, maybe its a placebo. its enough to get me annoyed

the only device connected wired is my ps4. wifi has been switched off on my sky hub so nothing else connects to it. everything else is connected wirelessly

i will look into traffic prioritisation when i come home from work

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is every device on the network connected to the XR through either wired or wireless? Or are some devices still using the upstream Wi-Fi/router from your ISP?

You can find the rules fiefo was mentioning in QoS -> Traffic Prioritisation.

Can we expect a new xr1000 firmware soon?

image.thumb.png.09f6954d1b45290c0e3650326ecb5418.png

this is my result now wired but as you can see, still have 1 percent packet loss, however during the day whilst i was at work from 2pm to 8pm i had 0 percent packet loss. not sure if this gives you anymore information, or if it is a bug. another thing i have noticed is that some time youtbe loads up videos slow.