Connected, no internet on Netduma r2

ImScova

Hello, I’m trying to setup my netduma r2 router. I have Spectrum internet and my internet works perfectly fine. When setting up my router and hooking it up to my modem and then computer it says I’m connected but have no internet access. Why is this? I’ve tried resetting both my spectrum modem and my r2 router but it does nothing. If I unplug the r2 router and stick to the modem provided by Spectrum my internet works fine again. Thanks for the read.

On 1/14/2021 at 6:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you accessed the R2 interface yet? If not you will need to do that and complete the setup wizard there before you are able to gain a connection.

Yes I have done the setup wizard I believe. I've logged in and was taken through the OS tour. Is that the setup wizard you are referring to?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, ImScova said:

Yes I have done the setup wizard I believe. I've logged in and was taken through the OS tour. Is that the setup wizard you are referring to?

The Setup Wizard will ask you for your internet speeds, allow you to change the interface password as well as the WiFi details - did you get that?

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Setup Wizard will ask you for your internet speeds, allow you to change the interface password as well as the WiFi details - did you get that?

I reset the router to try to do the setup wizard prompt. I clicked on begin setup and it said "checking for internet" and then said no internet connection. My 2 options were try again or skip. When I tried again it still said no internet connection. My internet works perfectly fine (spectrum internet says 3rd party routers work fine with there service)

My modem is plugged into the router via the main router port that's blue on the back of the router and my router then plugs into my PC from port 1 on router to PC main ethernet port