IPV6 Curious

BL4CK OPS V3TRN

Hi All, 

So my ISP SKY have IPV6 , I  Say that as when I check my modem it shows devices connected to IPV4 and IPV6 . My R2 has IPV6 checked but the only device connected to the R2 is my Xbox series x which only shows IP4 .  I know the Xbox is IPV6 compatible . Any ideas ?

Many Thanks 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Anilman92 said:

Fraser

if you reboot the router ipv6 doesent work via wifi.

fritzbox-netduma-iphone

if i reboot i always have to disable ipv6 save and activate and save.

it always happens...

Okay interesting, we'll look into that, thanks!

11 minutes ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

Came across this error message no idea what it means but it mentions V6 .. happens throughout the day 

3CBADE52-65F6-4C29-8354-DA119C902CB8.thumb.jpeg.ac6905bdf186e58105d5f3ec32454075.jpeg

Are you experiencing any issues?

The logs are more useful for devs, reading into them too much can be dangerous as a lot of the messages in there can sound sinister when they're often not!

• Administrators
23 hours ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

No i was just being curious ... AGAIN :)     ... but thought is was something to do with the IPV6 not connecting . But await the answers to that at some point 

Thanks 

Is the Xbox getting an IPv6 address in the Device Manager at all?

Just checked and yes it is there but it drops in and out unlike the IPhone and IPad that have IPV6 address as well as IP4 and are constant .  Checking the Xbox network settings it still shows just the IP4  which was not the case when I connected to sky router that clearly identified IPv6 within the Xbox settings 

On 1/14/2021 at 9:58 PM, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

Hi All, 

So my ISP SKY have IPV6 , I  Say that as when I check my modem it shows devices connected to IPV4 and IPV6 . My R2 has IPV6 checked but the only device connected to the R2 is my Xbox series x which only shows IP4 .  I know the Xbox is IPV6 compatible . Any ideas ?

Many Thanks 

As far as im aware you cant do this that way.

R2 will need to handle PPPoE for your sky connection, then you may have a chance your r2 will dish out the Correct ipv6 to its devices.