Netduma r2 OS = XR1000 OS?

I've been using the netduma r2 for a few months.

I just ordered the XR1000 and it will be here Thursday. 

I know the wifi will be much stronger...but..

Is the XR1000 on the same update at the R2 and will it perform just as well hardwired?

• 6 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 1:35 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The software is comparable to the R2, it's not exactly the same as it's different architecture but it's the closest to the R2 version out of the beta versions available for other routers currently.

so which is better the xr1000 or the r2? I see that the r2 if it has a hybrid vpn and the xr1000 does not have it, will it one day?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, jhonnathan said:

so which is better the xr1000 or the r2? I see that the r2 if it has a hybrid vpn and the xr1000 does not have it, will it one day?

That's really down to your personal preference and needs. The R2 does have more DumaOS features, the XR1000 may get HybridVPN at some point yes but couldn't say when. The R2 also has Adblocker implemented. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's really down to your personal preference and needs. The R2 does have more DumaOS features, the XR1000 may get HybridVPN at some point yes but couldn't say when. The R2 also has Adblocker implemented. 

I have read comments that say that the r2 has connection problems when playing, due to its lack of ram and that, and the xr1000 does not. it's true?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, jhonnathan said:

I have read comments that say that the r2 has connection problems when playing, due to its lack of ram and that, and the xr1000 does not. it's true?

I haven't heard anything like that, we have a router that is a lot older than the R2 and that works just fine so nothing to do with hardware!

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I haven't heard anything like that, we have a router that is a lot older than the R2 and that works just fine so nothing to do with hardware!

Currently I have the xr1000, I had the xr500 but I wanted to update it for something newer. Do you recommend that I keep the xr1000 and not buy the r2?

6 minutes ago, jhonnathan said:

Currently I have the xr1000, I had the xr500 but I wanted to update it for something newer. Do you recommend that I keep the xr1000 and not buy the r2?

That depends on your network needs, if you have WiFi 6 devices then the XR1000 offers the best wifi connectivity. It also will have a better coverage wifi wise. The R2 on the other hand has the full feature list of 3.0 but as with all routers it depends on your requirements. 

4 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That depends on your network needs, if you have WiFi 6 devices then the XR1000 offers the best wifi connectivity. It also will have a better coverage wifi wise. The R2 on the other hand has the full feature list of 3.0 but as with all routers it depends on your requirements. 

Thank you very much to all of you for your comments, well technically I have a Mayan network wifi google at home, I do not use the router's wifi at all, I have it bridge mode with the router of the Movistar Spain company and I have the console connected by cable to be able to get the best game and get games with good ping. Duma I love it and I feel that the xr1000 needs to have everything that the r2 has, that's why my doubt whether to change to the r2 or continue in xr1000

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, jhonnathan said:

Thank you very much to all of you for your comments, well technically I have a Mayan network wifi google at home, I do not use the router's wifi at all, I have it bridge mode with the router of the Movistar Spain company and I have the console connected by cable to be able to get the best game and get games with good ping. Duma I love it and I feel that the xr1000 needs to have everything that the r2 has, that's why my doubt whether to change to the r2 or continue in xr1000

If you already have a decent WiFi system then the R2 would be a good investment I think

• 4 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 8:45 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Fraser, is there any update on the possibility of the Hybrid VPN on the XR1000? Just found out it didn't have this feature when I went to configure it.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Rbk23 said:

Fraser, is there any update on the possibility of the Hybrid VPN on the XR1000? Just found out it didn't have this feature when I went to configure it.

We do have plans to bring the other XR routers more in line with what the R2 offers so keep an eye out!