Nothing is connecting

Pduffy672

i just recently got the netduma r2 and ive tried connecting it to just about everything the manual says i should be connecting it to in order to access the set up wizard or whatever its called. however, even when i connect everything to where it should be i am still unable to connect to my netduma. ive tried to setup the netduma every way possible and when i try setting the netduma up nothing works it says the password is incorrect. ive tried hooking it up to my ps4 directly so i can set it up through the browser since i do not have a pc that has an ethernet port and it is showing that the page "DumaOS/ " isn't available. ive also tried typing the ip address of the router into the browser as well and it shows its  is unavailable just as shown by other users. is there any suggestions on how to properly set this thing up theres no videos anywhere (that i can find) to show how to properly hook this thing up to the modem or anything about ip configuration steps. any help would greatly be appreciated ive been trying to hook it up since 9 in the morning please end my suffering. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Could you provide a picture of what the PS4 browser shows when trying to access the LAN IP please? If the password isn't working for the WiFi then you really need to set it up via ethernet. It may be worth holding the reset button in the back of the router for 30 seconds, releasing, waiting 1-2 minutes and then trying to access via the console browser again.

On 12/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Could you provide a picture of what the PS4 browser shows when trying to access the LAN IP please? If the password isn't working for the WiFi then you really need to set it up via ethernet. It may be worth holding the reset button in the back of the router for 30 seconds, releasing, waiting 1-2 minutes and then trying to access via the console browser again.

I’ve tried resetting the Netduma and still no difference with the results (even trying 30-30-30) I went out and bought an Ethernet adaptor so I could set it up through my laptop and still no difference in fact when I try to go through chrome and type in the search bar dynamos/ it loads up a strange page from frontier for some reason I tried doing up configuration and typing in the gateway code but that doesn’t work either Both ways I’ve displayed I’ve tried doing on my laptop as well and the results are the same My service provider is frontier so maybe that’s why it brings me to that page should I send this one in and try getting a new one. The password is still saying it’s incorrect even after trying the reset for 30 seconds and when I tried doing the 30-30-30 method I’ve been looking through the forum and have been trying every answer you guys have responded with but nothing seems to be working as I stated before. 

7461FE3F-DAC3-4502-98CC-D555D786F21D.jpeg

E672EB65-317A-4F08-A310-7FA73E62A73A.jpeg

07F64877-F005-42BE-884A-862133A9CA65.jpeg

6BD240C5-31F4-48AC-A5D6-ACDDEB2D7A68.jpeg

F8EC1964-E994-41F4-9E20-0B3ED21B9106.jpeg

2CBDAC60-D038-4F1E-B80C-1FE36DB0C8DC.jpeg

On 12/28/2020 at 7:19 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for all the information, could you provide a screenshot of what it looks like when you access:

http://dumaos

and 

http://192.168.77.1

from the wired PC please?

I tried http:// and https:// and got the same result I read that trying one or the other might help on the forum but got nothing

1811EDEF-9C77-425D-A184-2F3926EB4BE4.jpeg

6E34E90A-D337-445C-8AC9-6056AB0D2B81.jpeg

A0F65B28-3980-4DB3-AD48-08D6C59143FE.jpeg

5D857E72-8D81-40F2-9D6C-C0A0EEDAE23C.jpeg

14F79524-B958-471D-A4BC-F6CCDAF74A80.jpeg

43659301-72FA-4743-9BE0-E1E1A85C6EB7.jpeg

On 12/30/2020 at 8:40 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

On the PC, while connected to the router could you open command prompt please, then type ipconfig and press enter then post the results here.

sorry for the late response i saw that i could type something into the gateway address, however when i try entering the ip it brings me down to the bottom?

ipconfig.PNG

Just now, Pduffy672 said:

sorry for the late response i saw that i could type something into the gateway address, however when i try entering the ip it brings me down to the bottom?

ipconfig.PNG

and yes everything is connected as shown in the earlier pictures posted

• Administrators

I've just noticed that you're connected to the WiFi the entire time, as that has an internet connection it may be overriding the wired connection to the router. Could you disconnect from the WiFi completely - just disable it and then try accessing the interface again wired to the R2 please?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 7:38 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've just noticed that you're connected to the WiFi the entire time, as that has an internet connection it may be overriding the wired connection to the router. Could you disconnect from the WiFi completely - just disable it and then try accessing the interface again wired to the R2 please?

i;ve disabled the WiFi and tried accessing the router through dumaos/ and through the ip address and still no luck accesssing it.811022183_diabledwifi.thumb.PNG.b2977f5c009026779ca4a9f47e8e5800.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2021 at 12:48 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Could you try manually setting your PCs network details:

IP: 192.168.77.101

MAC: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.77.1

through the ip Configuration promt?

On 12/25/2020 at 3:09 PM, Pduffy672 said:

i just recently got the netduma r2 and ive tried connecting it to just about everything the manual says i should be connecting it to in order to access the set up wizard or whatever its called. however, even when i connect everything to where it should be i am still unable to connect to my netduma. ive tried to setup the netduma every way possible and when i try setting the netduma up nothing works it says the password is incorrect. ive tried hooking it up to my ps4 directly so i can set it up through the browser since i do not have a pc that has an ethernet port and it is showing that the page "DumaOS/ " isn't available. ive also tried typing the ip address of the router into the browser as well and it shows its  is unavailable just as shown by other users. is there any suggestions on how to properly set this thing up theres no videos anywhere (that i can find) to show how to properly hook this thing up to the modem or anything about ip configuration steps. any help would greatly be appreciated ive been trying to hook it up since 9 in the morning please end my suffering. 

Hello,

Based on the photo's you have shared, you are not properly connected  to your netduma router. On the back of the router there is only one ethernet cable connected which is hopefully running to your modem, You need to add another ethernet cable. Connect it into one of the yellow ports on the netduma router and then connect the other end into your playstation or pc.  If you connect to your playstation you will have to set up the playstation network settings to wired and then you should be good to go. If you connect it to your pc then you should be able to login into the router right away. once set up you should then be able to connect devices via the wifi network.

6 hours ago, MrBourne said:

Hello,

Based on the photo's you have shared, you are not properly connected  to your netduma router. On the back of the router there is only one ethernet cable connected which is hopefully running to your modem, You need to add another ethernet cable. Connect it into one of the yellow ports on the netduma router and then connect the other end into your playstation or pc.  If you connect to your playstation you will have to set up the playstation network settings to wired and then you should be good to go. If you connect it to your pc then you should be able to login into the router right away. once set up you should then be able to connect devices via the wifi network.

its connect to my laptop through the ethernet cable i dont have a modem where im trying to set it up. is it neccessary to have a modem to set this up correctly? cause nobody has told me since now . 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Pduffy672 said:

through the ip Configuration promt?

You can see how to do so using the Control Panel section here: https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/

2 hours ago, Pduffy672 said:

its connect to my laptop through the ethernet cable i dont have a modem where im trying to set it up. is it neccessary to have a modem to set this up correctly? cause nobody has told me since now . 

The R2 needs to be connected to a modem/router or ONT to get an internet connection, your modem/router provided by your Internet provider will work fine - it isn't needed to access the interface though.