Best router

safememan2010

Upgrade to the R2, I've had it since launch and couldn't go back to my Asus AX11000. Just don't expect it to solve every issue with Cold War because that game favors people with bad internet. That's my personal experience, I'm sure everyone else has a 5.0 K/D! 🤣

fucking-lag-took-3-days-to-respawn-memegenerator-ne-and-20455933.png

It really depends on what you want the router to handle. If you have a busy household and like to keep up with tech then the XR1000 offers WiFi 6 and should give pretty good coverage. 
if you don’t use WiFi that much or you only game on the router then the R2 is a step up from the R1.

you just need to weigh up your budget and what you require.

Just got the R2 on Wednesday of last week, I mainly play Warzone at the moment so was looking for something to help with all of the CoD issues and I honestly could not be more pleased with this router. Just a couple of days in and I've gotten multiple 10 kill warzone games and a duos win whereas before with my old router, I spent half the time just angry bc "I shot them first" or "I got insta melted". There have been COUNTLESS times already to where I have won gun fights and I can tell you with absolute certainty I would have lost previously. 

I will say the GeoFilter part is a bit of a learning curve and can be confusing at times but the benefits are amazing. Can't wait to see how gameplay continues to improve while using this. Best $150 I've spent on gaming in a long time. Great job to the team here. 

On 12/14/2020 at 3:38 PM, Ozymandias_ said:

Just got the R2 on Wednesday of last week, I mainly play Warzone at the moment so was looking for something to help with all of the CoD issues and I honestly could not be more pleased with this router. Just a couple of days in and I've gotten multiple 10 kill warzone games and a duos win whereas before with my old router, I spent half the time just angry bc "I shot them first" or "I got insta melted". There have been COUNTLESS times already to where I have won gun fights and I can tell you with absolute certainty I would have lost previously. 

I will say the GeoFilter part is a bit of a learning curve and can be confusing at times but the benefits are amazing. Can't wait to see how gameplay continues to improve while using this. Best $150 I've spent on gaming in a long time. Great job to the team here. 

What would you say has improved your gaming experience in Warzone? Are there any particular settings or setup that you used to achieve this or are you just using default configuration? I haven't bought one yet, but it is similar experiences to yours that are making me want to buy one. 

11 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

What would you say has improved your gaming experience in Warzone? Are there any particular settings or setup that you used to achieve this or are you just using default configuration? I haven't bought one yet, but it is similar experiences to yours that are making me want to buy one. 

I would say first and foremost the most noticeable thing was improved bullet registration which ultimately lead to improved ttk's from my perspective. Finally, people were dying the way they should be. Idk about your experience but for me, there have been so many times when I would have someone in my reticle (with them looking another way or distracted without knowing I was there) then when I started shooting them they take some hits and then just scurry away unbothered but when the situation is reversed, I typically get killed as soon as I know I'm being shot at, its like bullet, bullet, down.   just entirely too fast.

A little about me as a player (for perspective) - I'm a realist and also very comfortable admitting what kind of CoD player I am and what I am not. I'm not the sweatiest player in the world that goes into matches with a bloodlust but I also don't camp in the corner and hide til final circle,  I'm an above average sniper with good aim mid to long ranges, up close fights are a coin toss, just not my strong suite (I'm likely better off with a starter pistol than a shotgun).

So in saying all of that, my perspective may be a little different than yours but FWIW after 2 weeks with the R2 my K/D has been over 1.0 each week whereas my career is like .85 or something. IMO that says enough right there but to expand upon my earlier statement - I've since added 3 more WZ wins, 2 of which where I've been the last person standing on my team of 2 o 3 and I've been the one to get the final kill. 

For settings - I still toy around with things a lot, probably more than I should but right now the best settings for me seem to be as follows:

UPnP: off

Port Forwarding (PS4 / XSX): 3000 - 65535 (source and dest, TCP & UDP)

Traffic Prio - same as above. 

Congestion Control - Still tweaking but have had good results at 70% and (hear me out) 1%. - both with share excess bandwidth turned off.

Another thing which could be 100% in my head or specific to my environment, on PS4 Pro (still testing on XSX since I just got it and for some reason the default console MTU is 1480) - setting console MTU to 1472 has seemed to work very well. Take that for what you will, half the internet will tell you MTU settings have no impact and the other half will swear by it, this is just what works for me and I will not play WZ without it now. 

23 hours ago, Ozymandias_ said:

I would say first and foremost the most noticeable thing was improved bullet registration which ultimately lead to improved ttk's from my perspective. Finally, people were dying the way they should be. Idk about your experience but for me, there have been so many times when I would have someone in my reticle (with them looking another way or distracted without knowing I was there) then when I started shooting them they take some hits and then just scurry away unbothered but when the situation is reversed, I typically get killed as soon as I know I'm being shot at, its like bullet, bullet, down.   just entirely too fast.

A little about me as a player (for perspective) - I'm a realist and also very comfortable admitting what kind of CoD player I am and what I am not. I'm not the sweatiest player in the world that goes into matches with a bloodlust but I also don't camp in the corner and hide til final circle,  I'm an above average sniper with good aim mid to long ranges, up close fights are a coin toss, just not my strong suite (I'm likely better off with a starter pistol than a shotgun).

So in saying all of that, my perspective may be a little different than yours but FWIW after 2 weeks with the R2 my K/D has been over 1.0 each week whereas my career is like .85 or something. IMO that says enough right there but to expand upon my earlier statement - I've since added 3 more WZ wins, 2 of which where I've been the last person standing on my team of 2 o 3 and I've been the one to get the final kill. 

Thanks Ozymandias.😎

Your gaming experience sounds very similar to mine. I'm constantly losing gunfights that I should have won (basically the shoot first, die first scenarios) which I have put down to poor hit reg due to network connection whether that be latency or lag compensation. It's very frustrating losing 1v1 gunfights for no apparent reason when you have the drop on them or your sniper shots just don't register...and I guess that's why we both find ourselves on here looking for a solution.

I'm also a realistic gamer but apparently I'm considered above average according to my stats. I'm only playing MW and WZ at the moment, but I'm very much an objective based player in MP so don't really care for my KD too much but go positive most of the time (think I'm 1.12KD in MP), and you won't find me camping in WZ either but I'm doing ok despite all the frustrations (currently 1.22 KD and 33 wins). I'm 46 years old so hopefully not too shabby for an old guy! 😂

I've just received my R2 so will set it up over Christmas and will take a look at some of your recommended settings. I'm also in the process of changing ISP from Vodafone to BT...I was going to wait until change over but it may be interesting to see if there's any improvement in performance whilst still with Vodafone. 

36 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Thanks Ozymandias.😎

Your gaming experience sounds very similar to mine. I'm constantly losing gunfights that I should have won (basically the shoot first, die first scenarios) which I have put down to poor hit reg due to network connection whether that be latency or lag compensation. It's very frustrating losing 1v1 gunfights for no apparent reason when you have the drop on them or your sniper shots just don't register...and I guess that's why we both find ourselves on here looking for a solution.

I'm also a realistic gamer but apparently I'm considered above average according to my stats. I'm only playing MW and WZ at the moment, but I'm very much an objective based player in MP so don't really care for my KD too much but go positive most of the time (think I'm 1.12KD in MP), and you won't find me camping in WZ either but I'm doing ok despite all the frustrations (currently 1.22 KD and 33 wins). I'm 46 years old so hopefully not too shabby for an old guy! 😂

I've just received my R2 so will set it up over Christmas and will take a look at some of your recommended settings. I'm also in the process of changing ISP from Vodafone to BT...I was going to wait until change over but it may be interesting to see if there's any improvement in performance whilst still with Vodafone. 

Very nice! Glad you got an R2 but don't wanna run into you out into the wild! lol Yea, typically I fall into the same category as you as far as concern for stats. I really only care about team placement and total kills. just noted K/D and stats here for perspective with experience in regards to R2.

Not sure if its just me or what but there has seemed to be a little bit of a step backwards in terms of hit reg and (idk what the right term is - other users seeing me first? lag comp?) since the latest update and integration with CW. I'm hoping its something that gets fixed or whatever but man, those first 1.5 - 2 weeks with this router in MW WZ only, wow.

I've since convinced one the guys I game with to buy one of these things too lol. I'm gonna need commission from these Netduma soon :)

Anyway, what platform(s) do you play on? I have a cool little group of mature aged guys (30+) who are all good players, chill, drama-free and we enjoy playing together. Always looking for like minded friends to add. Feel free to DM if that's preferable. 

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Ozymandias_ said:

Very nice! Glad you got an R2 but don't wanna run into you out into the wild! lol Yea, typically I fall into the same category as you as far as concern for stats. I really only care about team placement and total kills. just noted K/D and stats here for perspective with experience in regards to R2.

Not sure if its just me or what but there has seemed to be a little bit of a step backwards in terms of hit reg and (idk what the right term is - other users seeing me first? lag comp?) since the latest update and integration with CW. I'm hoping its something that gets fixed or whatever but man, those first 1.5 - 2 weeks with this router in MW WZ only, wow.

I've since convinced one the guys I game with to buy one of these things too lol. I'm gonna need commission from these Netduma soon :)

Anyway, what platform(s) do you play on? I have a cool little group of mature aged guys (30+) who are all good players, chill, drama-free and we enjoy playing together. Always looking for like minded friends to add. Feel free to DM if that's preferable. 

Thanks!

I think there's been a tonne of issues since the CW integration...I haven't played so much MW MP lately but there are lots of players complaining about the server performance being worse, and I have to say that my WZ connection varies from ok to bad to terrible (completely understand what you say about players seeing you first...or them not appearing on your screen before you appear on theirs). I have no way of proving it without the Netduma but I'm pretty sure they must shut down or restrict the EU servers after a certain time because it feels like they've flicked a switch around midnight and my issues with hit reg become a nightmare...either that or they are flooding EU servers with players from around the rest of the world (I don't think we can stop joining players from different countries with an R2 though?).

I'm based in the UK and play on Xbox One X so feel free to add me...

XBL: K0NSPIRACY

Activision: Deadpool#3454505