Trouble with Ping Test (Under Load)

ps21.850

9 hours ago, ps21.850 said:

Im having trouble with my xr1000 router. No matter where i set the sliders my ping test under load never changes from grade D please help

As above, where about are you settings your sliders?

Also ensure your Congestion Control is set to 'Always'.

Please also ensure the speeds you've entered into QoS are accurate according to what you actually get from your ISP (Check on speedtest.net).

Bear in mind that this will affect your overall speed test as you will be limiting your bandwidth.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ps21.850 said:

i use the auto settings and every time it puts the sliders to 50/50 and i still cant get better than a D score on my ping test under load 

Use the Advanced Settings for Auto Setup and experiment with those to see if you can improve on that.

• Administrators

Thanks very much for the information, I don't believe that is actually what your connection is doing. I think it is a similar bug to what we're seeing on some of the other XR beta builds so I've raised it with the team to have them test this.

Hey guys i just noticed when i go to speedtest.net im only getting 500-525 download and 20-25 upload speeds when coming out of the XR1000 but when i bypass the router and connect to my netgear 1150v cable modem i get 900-945 download and 35-43 upload. could this be the problem with my pingtest under load grade?

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, ps21.850 said:

Hey guys i just noticed when i go to speedtest.net im only getting 500-525 download and 20-25 upload speeds when coming out of the XR1000 but when i bypass the router and connect to my netgear 1150v cable modem i get 900-945 download and 35-43 upload. could this be the problem with my pingtest under load grade?

Not an issue with the Ping Test Under Load results but more likely due to what you have set for Congestion Control which will throttle the speeds, if you put them up to 100% and redo speedtest.net you should get much closer to your expected speeds.