Netduma OS for Fifa 21 (FUT) PS4

Mrpinky

Hello ,

so I got the XR500 and set it up as described (connected to my fritz box as I m in Germany ).

so the following issues appear for me:

1. the PS4 download speed is lesser than before (without netgear it was 98 MB/sec , with netgear it s about 74 ...)  why is it lower than before ?
Shall I set the XR500 in my modems Settings to „always use the same IPv4 address „?

shall I activate in my modem (avm fritzbox)

that the XR500 is allowed to set portforwarding by itself ? 

2. Geo Filtering : i set the Circle as described but I always get connected to the same server in Frankfurt (seems the closest to me) . Gameplay is awful on these aws servers for me .

if I block this server I still get connected to it - if I large  the circle (Whole Europe) I still get connected to this server , although it s dennied in my geo Filter settings . Why that ? 

3. ping assist : if I set it Does this mean I just play against player with same ping ? Or I just get connected to servers in that ping range ?

thanks for your help !!! 

Edited by Mrpinky

Hey, Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the new XR too!

OK, you may need to put the XR500 in the Fritzbox's DMZ in it's settings, this often results in improving speeds!

The XR500 has UPnP enabled by default, so you shouldn't need to do any port-forwarding once its in the DMZ.

With regards to Geo-Filter, it's interesting that you don't appear to be able to block the Frankfurt server, how exactly have you added your device to Geo-filter? 

Ping assist can be used to allow servers below a certain ping, you could use this instead of setting a radius, or alongside a radius in case there are any mislocated servers!

Hi Liam,

thanks for your quick reply.  

I already had put the XR500 into DMZ Mode on my Fritzbox (it s called exposed Host for IPV4&IPV6). 

I disabled UPnP on XR500 and opened ports by putting the relevant PS4 and FIFA21 Ports under advanced settings (port forwarding) :  here you can find the ports which I need for an optimized FIFA experience:  https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

153946458_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-08um15_11_26.thumb.png.95670ade123a3987dd5af37e9807ea34.png

I had good experience with my Fritz box by opening these ports and disabling  UPnp. Also many FIFA users report that their experience is better without UpnP.

GEO FILTER: 

I ADED MY DEVICE LIKE THIS :2035130091_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-08um15_15_17.thumb.png.85083d7989bd316f0f06462a274b3c81.png

It doesn't matter how big I drag the circle , I always get connected to the frankfurt server and I can t even try other s out...

Did I set up something wrong ?

OK, thanks for this. 

What version of DumaOS are you running?

Do you have QoS enabled? If so, temporarily disable it and see what the PS4 speeds are.

Are you experiencing issues in-game on the PS4 or did you just notice the speeds were lesser in the connection test?

Are there any other devices connected to the XR500 that also seeing reduced speeds?

18 minutes ago, Mrpinky said:

I had good experience with my Fritz box by opening these ports and disabling  UPnp. Also many FIFA users report that their experience is better without UpnP

That's good, if its working nicely for you then keep it as is!

18 minutes ago, Mrpinky said:

It doesn't matter how big I drag the circle , I always get connected to the frankfurt server and I can t even try other s out...

Did I set up something wrong ?

Just to be clear, have you blocked the problematic server, closed the game and then relaunched it? If you block the server after you've already made the connection, it will be ignored until the game next boots and looks for a server.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Just to be clear, have you blocked the problematic server, closed the game and then relaunched it? If you block the server after you've already made the connection, it will be ignored until the game next boots and looks for a server.

This ... did not do this - will try ! Thx.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

1.What version of DumaOS are you running?

2.Do you have QoS enabled? If so, temporarily disable it and see what the PS4 speeds are.

3.Are you experiencing issues in-game on the PS4 or did you just notice the speeds were lesser in the connection test?

4.Are there any other devices connected to the XR500 that also seeing reduced speeds?

1. V2.3.2.66

2. yes I have - will try to disabled test again...

3. No, besides the same Fifa lag / button delay as always on Fifa .... Just noticed it on the PS4 connection test

4. Haven t noticed anything so far....

6 minutes ago, Mrpinky said:

1. V2.3.2.66

2. yes I have - will try to disabled test again...

3. No, besides the same Fifa lag / button delay as always on Fifa .... Just noticed it on the PS4 connection test

4. Haven t noticed anything so far....

9 minutes ago, Mrpinky said:

This ... did not do this - will try ! Thx.

OK cool, let me know the results and we'll go from there.

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How long was it between when you blocked the server and when you connected to it again was it? Were you still on the game when this happened?

The server in the screenshot was blocked by me several hours before I tried it....  and I exited the game and started new

how to activate polygon mode ?

The thing is I want to try the different serves in Europe to figure out which is the best and responsive one for my gameplay.... 

But I always get connected to blocked ones.....

I never get Ping above 30ms.. still gameplay is often awful which is due to the server you re connected to (that s what I think ... )

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Mrpinky said:

how to activate polygon mode ?

The thing is I want to try the different serves in Europe to figure out which is the best and responsive one for my gameplay.... 

But I always get connected to blocked ones.....

I never get Ping above 30ms.. still gameplay is often awful which is due to the server you re connected to (that s what I think ... )

Your radius is massive so that's why you're getting lots. You would have to upgrade to the 3.0 beta for Polygon mode which I think would be in your best interest here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your radius is massive so that's why you're getting lots. You would have to upgrade to the 3.0 beta for Polygon mode which I think would be in your best interest here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

cool thx, will try  the polygon mode ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I have the same issue as Mrpinky.
When i am trying to use the filter it just connect me to the server i blocked.
I did got out of the fifa 21 and disconnected from the ps4 net and connected again.. also restart my ps4.
Every time it just connected me to the wrong server.
I bought this Router cause of this option.

Check the images i uploaded.. clearly you can see the issue.

Please advise with a solution.
Tnx

NETDUME.JPG

NETDUME.JPG.jfif

• Administrators
5 hours ago, karnushka said:

Hi,
I have the same issue as Mrpinky.
When i am trying to use the filter it just connect me to the server i blocked.
I did got out of the fifa 21 and disconnected from the ps4 net and connected again.. also restart my ps4.
Every time it just connected me to the wrong server.
I bought this Router cause of this option.

Check the images i uploaded.. clearly you can see the issue.

Please advise with a solution.
Tnx

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'll post a reply in the separate topic you made for this:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33971-filter-is-not-working/

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi there again - I accidentally update to firmware V2.3.2.114 and the DumaOS3 Interface disappeared - so not able to put polygon mode on again. I can t find the right link to the update file t get my XR500 back to the DumaOs3 with polygon mode , can you please help ? Thx !

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Mrpinky said:

Hi there again - I accidentally update to firmware V2.3.2.114 and the DumaOS3 Interface disappeared - so not able to put polygon mode on again. I can t find the right link to the update file t get my XR500 back to the DumaOs3 with polygon mode , can you please help ? Thx !

Not to worry, here you are: https://www.dropbox.com/h?preview=XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img make sure you do a factory reset after you've upgraded!