Wifi performance

scoobypreza

Hi guys when will we see a fix for the wifi ive just about had enough of the poor wifi performance on the r2 I'm sitting 1m away from the r2 and getting a 45mbps connection and 2 mbps throughput on 5Ghz it seems to me that the r2 should not have been released in its current form not enough R&D it seems like we are beta testing the r2 and its not a finished product its been out for months now so this can't be a software issue it has to be hardware plz any updates would be appreciated 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, scoobypreza said:

So my 5Ghz wifi will only give me 2 to 10 mbps 1m from the r2 I have factory reset it 4 times and its not making any difference 

Experiment with the widths, they will get you much higher speeds, I used 80 and that got me 200 at one point.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Experiment with the widths, they will get you much higher speeds, I used 80 and that got me 200 at one point.

I've tried all widths all channels no difference this needs be sorted ASAP 

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have any electrical or wireless devices within close proximity to the router? If so move those away and see if that improves it at all.

Hey is there a way to completely turn off my wifi on the r2? All I see is "Dont broadcast network name" 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have any electrical or wireless devices within close proximity to the router? If so move those away and see if that improves it at all.

There is nothing near the r2 and has been fine apart from having to reboot it every 24hrs to get the wifi speed back to normal but now the speed doesn't come back after reboot 

What devices are you using, do you have a mobile device ie. iPad or iPhone for example.

If so there is an app called WiFi Sweetspots that will show the internal throughput. This is a free app that helps to spot what’s going on. Handy to see signal strength too and to map out your property.

if you can try that it would be handy. Try to separate the 2.4 and 5Ghz so mirror mode off. Test each one in the same position, to start with around 8ft from the router.

1 hour ago, scoobypreza said:

I have done that the wifi link speed is 17 to 40 mbps should be 650 or more 

You will never get a throughput of 650mbps. It’s 866Mbps max and you never get that much. I’ve managed 450Mbps, this applies to all routers, you never achieve the theoretical throughput figure. Expect around 50% of the that figure on a good day due to background interference.

Im not on about throughput I'm saying when I check the link speed between my devices and the r2 the theoretical speed of the link its only connected at 30mbps it should be 650+ on a 5Ghz link