Cold War’s lag problem- I may have a solution!

Sal

Hi all, 

I’ve been struggling with this game since release with what I call invisible lag. So it’s not the obvious lag where you’re sticking and teleporting but the sneaky things going on in the background of the game. Call it lag comp, artificial lag or bad netcode the issues are my own and my enemies seem to have no issue with it. I’d shoot first and die, I have the best positioning or the better gun to a given situation and whatever the scenario, yet I get melted whilst I have to shoot enemies for what feels like a clip.

Reddit is a cesspool of cod shills or fan boys who want to one up last years game so posting there just results in “git gud” or “buy better net” so I gave up seeking help. What makes it worse is mw2019 ran great even though I didn’t enjoy the game. 

Just to add background I’m on g-fast I get around 250 down and 29up I ping on ookla at 3ms ping, 0.2jitter and no packet loss. I actually can’t get better Internet and I play hard wired. 

On a side note the R2 is struggling to push wireless to other rooms in my house so I set up my old router as a repeater and just for laughs thought I’d connect PS4 wirelessly to it. Set up the usual DMZ and packet priority on the R2 and to my amazement had the best 6 hours of gaming since release... I’m not melting but the difference is the enemies aren’t sponging the exchanges feel fair if I die it’s my aim or the enemy played the situation better, I’m not getting killed around corners and my enemies no longer have God like reflexes. Whereas when I used to play hard wired I’d get shot even before I exposed my position yet on the kill cam it looked like I actually left cover for a good two seconds and the enemy got a fair kill yet in real time it all happened in the blink of an eye....  Any suggestions why or how this is possible? Surly hardwired trumps wireless from downstairs yet the latter plays so much better. An example of annoying deaths below (very common) yes I was camping but that’s because I knew he was coming and there were enemies on both sides.

I have just posted a similar thread regarding lag compensation mate. It may just be that because you are now wireless, you now qualify for the compensation code haha. I am going to test connecting to German servers later today from the UK to see if that improves MY game. I am getting everything you describe. Shoot first die first. SUPER human reactions from ALL other players in the lobby, slide into cover to be killed a good 1/2 second later. 

Ah man sorry to hear you’re experiencing the same issues I was as it’s infuriating. Hopefully the German servers work for you! Keep us updated if it works for you alternatively I’d highly recommend trying wireless. 

The wireless option is so interesting .  My experience over the last couple of days is if I connect to the server in the south of England (18ms ping ) I have a good experience , very good in fact . But a little further South in France the server for me pings 25ms . Not a lot more but makes such a huge difference to my experience . So in a nut shell I am working my geo filter to only connect with 18 or below . BTW my ping is 18 on tests so not anything like some of the really low pings I see on here . Will have a look at the wireless option though .  Oh and that video clip would have drove me insane , instant hissy fit  for me when that happens :) :) 

14 minutes ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

The wireless option is so interesting .  My experience over the last couple of days is if I connect to the server in the south of England (18ms ping ) I have a good experience , very good in fact . But a little further South in France the server for me pings 25ms . Not a lot more but makes such a huge difference to my experience . So in a nut shell I am working my geo filter to only connect with 18 or below . BTW my ping is 18 on tests so not anything like some of the really low pings I see on here . Will have a look at the wireless option though .  Oh and that video clip would have drove me insane , instant hissy fit  for me when that happens :) :) 

Glad it’s working for you man, I’ll ride the wireless wave as long as I can then I might give trying to connect an U.K. server. 

I have been on wireless this evening for a few games and the hit detection seems to be better for me. My ping has not changed at all from 15-25ms on UK south coast servers, so that's cool. The only thing I did notice, was I had a network connection icon pop up a few times in one game. 

I must admit though, dropping out the lobby after ever game is pretty annoying. Are you guys getting this too? I have one great game, then I drop out the lobby. After every game, it fails to join a lobby with an error, so I have to search manually again. Also I am very often missing in the final scorecard.. 

I always seem to end up on the team that has EVERY other team mate hitting -1.0 KD, and myself on 1.5KD-7.0KD with 20+ kills a game, depending on how good the game is running. Its so frustrating. And its happening way to often is almost scary..

These are just a couple I played just now.

help1.jpg

help2.jpg

1 hour ago, Satan1976 said:

I must admit though, dropping out the lobby after ever game is pretty annoying.

I always seem to end up on the team that has EVERY other team mate hitting -1.0 KD, and myself on 1.5KD-7.0KD with 20+ kills a game, depending on how good the game is running.

Its part of SBMM. MW19 did the same.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:01 PM, fiefo said:

So you’re double NATd?

Sorry late reply been busy with work hadn’t checked. The answer is no, when I put the asus in repeater mode it acts as a Wi-Fi extender. NAT and other such features are disabled and everything is handled by the R2.