Cold War is very fustrating

DmxDex

I have just got back into call of duty after a couple of years, i see not much has changed. Shoot first die first. UK virgin media 200 meg. PC user. I dont have a router with NETDUMA. Will gettting a NETDUMA router help fix these issues, or is it just simply treyarch are awful at providing a decent netcode and servers.

4 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

If you have cable internet, a Netduma should help you alot.

I bought my R1 when I had Virgin cable and it made CoD go from unplayable to very playable.

What's your settings ? I still have lag compensation and getting hit by SBMM

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you're suffering from local congestion and being put on servers out of your control then it can definitely help. It helps you to optimize the connection as much as possible but of course there are factors out of your control such as the game. Being able to select your servers with the router does go some way to helping with that.

13 hours ago, iCreats said:

What's your settings ? I still have lag compensation and getting hit by SBMM

I no longer use a Netduma router and I haven't had cable internet in 4 years.

Also, no router will do anything about SBMM. Thats built into the game.

18 hours ago, DmxDex said:

I have just got back into call of duty after a couple of years, i see not much has changed. Shoot first die first. UK virgin media 200 meg. PC user. I dont have a router with NETDUMA. Will gettting a NETDUMA router help fix these issues, or is it just simply treyarch are awful at providing a decent netcode and servers.

Not internet related but I would definately make sure you set your pc up to run the game for performance rather than graphic fidelity , when playing the PS4 version of warzone on a ps5 ive seen a huge improvement in the smoothness of the game and a reduction in the amount of bad deaths , I will say that I use virgin media too and Duma os on the xr500 

2 hours ago, braido1x said:

Not internet related but I would definately make sure you set your pc up to run the game for performance rather than graphic fidelity , when playing the PS4 version of warzone on a ps5 ive seen a huge improvement in the smoothness of the game and a reduction in the amount of bad deaths , I will say that I use virgin media too and Duma os on the xr500 

The improvement that you have noticed going to the PS5 would predominantly be the increase of your frames per second. going from the old PS4 running @ 30fps and the Pro @ 60fps, the extra 60-90fps will make tight kills look completely different. Are you running it on a 120hz + screen? 

3 hours ago, Satan1976 said:

The improvement that you have noticed going to the PS5 would predominantly be the increase of your frames per second. going from the old PS4 running @ 30fps and the Pro @ 60fps, the extra 60-90fps will make tight kills look completely different. Are you running it on a 120hz + screen? 

Nah bro I’m still running the PS4 version of the game like I said - the improvement seems purely in the console ability to run the game , I’m actually worried when I switch to the hdmi 2.1 monitors that the game will not run as smooth 

On 12/1/2020 at 9:59 PM, braido1x said:

Nah bro I’m still running the PS4 version of the game like I said - the improvement seems purely in the console ability to run the game , I’m actually worried when I switch to the hdmi 2.1 monitors that the game will not run as smooth 

What did you mean then, when you said 'when playing the PS4 version of warzone on a ps5 ive seen a huge improvement in the smoothness of the game and a reduction in the amount of bad deaths' 

Well what I mean is I’m playing a game that is for PS4 on ps5 , the ps5 runs it very easily due its graphics and processing power resulting in less system latency whilst playing , what I’m bascially getting at is this - before I got the ps5 I thought all my problems were caused by lag but in actuall fact some of these problems are caused by the old consoles and them struggling to run these games. 

25 minutes ago, braido1x said:

Well what I mean is I’m playing a game that is for PS4 on ps5 , the ps5 runs it very easily due its graphics and processing power resulting in less system latency whilst playing , what I’m bascially getting at is this - before I got the ps5 I thought all my problems were caused by lag but in actuall fact some of these problems are caused by the old consoles and them struggling to run these games. 

Arrr, I got ya ;) 

My system is a beast PC so it shouldn't be that ;) Im throttling my FPS to 144 to meet my monitors settings