XR1000 5ghz dropping, high upload ping

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

@Netduma Fraser Is there a planned cloud update to add the Cold War servers to the geo filter? 

Yes there will be. Once we get the game, we'll test it, then add it to Ping Heatmap via a cloud update so no changes need to be done on your side.

My benchmark looks idnetical to the one posted here. by chance is there a bug where it ignores the caps you set in qos?

a. my isp rating: 480/20... potentially it can push higher by test tools which leads to bloat

b. i have qos set to 400/18  (and 60% upload/download settings)

c. the test benchmark still tries to push over 400MBS and about 22-25mbs. 

I find it odd that several of those who post these have a near identical chart with an upload spike. 

(edit: model xr1000)

image.thumb.png.b59a43070064e072e1d9e50bbdf95bef.png

image.thumb.png.bec0adf2bea318454cb3cd17eb0fd0b1.png

• Administrators

Yeah I think the upload spike at the start there is a bug, seems to be related to the XR500 beta exclusively. Should be a new XR500 build very soon, just waiting for NG QA to give the go ahead so hopefully will perform better then.

1 hour ago, oroechimaru said:

My benchmark looks idnetical to the one posted here. by chance is there a bug where it ignores the caps you set in qos?

a. my isp rating: 480/20... potentially it can push higher by test tools which leads to bloat

b. i have qos set to 400/18  (and 60% upload/download settings)

c. the test benchmark still tries to push over 400MBS and about 22-25mbs. 

I find it odd that several of those who post these have a near identical chart with an upload spike. 

image.thumb.png.b59a43070064e072e1d9e50bbdf95bef.png

image.thumb.png.bec0adf2bea318454cb3cd17eb0fd0b1.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah I think the upload spike at the start there is a bug, seems to be related to the XR500 beta exclusively. Should be a new XR500 build very soon, just waiting for NG QA to give the go ahead so hopefully will perform better then.

It did it for me on the R2 as well until I started tweaking it, then stayed relatively flat. Not so on the XR1000 after tweaking it. And apparently the 500 too 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, oroechimaru said:

Mine is xr1000 (to clarify)

Sorry I meant the XR builds in general but I think this should be sorted by the next version. In any case, there is no need to worry as the ping won't be that high in reality.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry I meant the XR builds in general but I think this should be sorted by the next version. In any case, there is no need to worry as the ping won't be that high in reality.

Yeah that's how I understand it. Also. I almost never saturate my connection so buffer bloat shouldn't be an issue if I understand it right. Is that correct? 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

Yeah that's how I understand it. Also. I almost never saturate my connection so buffer bloat shouldn't be an issue if I understand it right. Is that correct? 

Yes exactly right, if you have very high bandwidth speeds then you're unlikely to saturate your connection and therefore suffer bufferbloat but it is a good precaution as just one download will go as fast as it can and cause bufferbloat.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes exactly right, if you have very high bandwidth speeds then you're unlikely to saturate your connection and therefore suffer bufferbloat but it is a good precaution as just one download will go as fast as it can and cause bufferbloat.

I have 400/20. If I'm doing a big download I just set it to never and let it finish before gaming. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Warrior said:

@Netduma Fraser i am also getting that bug with the duma os menu being slow and the upload on ping test (underload) is just spiking like crazy can you send me a beta of firmware to fix this? am also on xr1000

Sure, I've sent you a PM. Recommend you do a factory reset after upgrading.

• 5 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 1:13 PM, Judge_Ty said:

Yeah, I can say this firmware is like night and day so far.  I can't believe how much faster the admin router page is.      

Fraser, I’m having the same micro disconnect issue. 

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

Fraser, I’m having the same micro disconnect issue. 

NG are looking into that currently so I suspect once they figure it out they'll deploy a fix for each XR router