New Guy! Finally set up my R2!

Ting

Hi!

I got the R2 back when it was released. I finally got around to setting it up. Recently upgraded my internet ( xfinity ) to the 1gb speed! Bought a new modem ( Arris SB8200 ) with docsis 3.1. 

Setup:

sb8200->R2->Xbox and PS4 (all connected with cat6)

The problem I’m having is with the R2. My Xbox and PS4 don’t get internet. Any suggestions? Do I need to do any updates for the R2 or set something up within the modem? By the way I live in Ca, USA. 

thanks in advance! 

So other things connected to the R2 get internet? The only things that dont get internet  right now are your xbox and ps4? What im trying to understand is does the R2 have internet connection? And have you gone through the setup wizard for the R2?

Thanks!

Zippy.

Hey Fraser and Zippy!

Update on the situation and sorry for the late response. (Work has been fun!)

That same night I ended up connecting my old router just to have the internet up and running. Everything was running perfectly. 

the following day I restarted the process. I did a factory reset and did not connect anything to the R2. I just wanted to get the WiFi working for the time being. Wifi worked! Since that workout perfectly I connected the Ethernet cords to R2 the other ends to the  consoles and wallah! They all have connection now! 

I am not sure what happened the first go round. The only thing I did different Was updating the firmware to v3.0.179 the first time I set it up. The update did get stuck on upgrade in progress. I did see that Fraser had recommended to Logan_001 to reboot the router and install again. Which I did the same. Which it went through the 2nd time. 

thanks for your replies. I’ll be searching the forums in regards to maximize the usage for the R2.