verify results

Paddee1987

hello duma army,

just wondering if the ping sgraph i have from connection benchmark is normal? i seem to get the three orange squares quite alot on warzone and wondering if thats because of what im seeing in connection bench mark? ive downloaded ping plotter but have no idea of what o do with it, what to ping etc? would be greatfull if soembody could help

thanks 

Paddee

ping.jpg

Try turning off IPV6 for both WAN & LAN in the Network Settings section and see if you notice any changes.

I don't play Warzone but this seems similar to what I was experiencing while playing Apex. The occasional hiccup (like every 10-15 seconds) when everything else indicates no apparent issues.

That looks exactly the same as the best I can get. I have Virgin as my isp and I guess you do too. With pingplotter on Virgin I have always had difficulty analysing anything as the graph always looks like a mountain range but I have found Twitter to be stable but most people recommend a local site such as the BBC. There is a post on here describing how to use pingplotter by @Zennon which is useful, I think it's in the help section.

• Administrators

It's most likely the server but good guide above, normally recommend people saturate their connection with downloads etc then experiment with Congestion Control to see what brings it down the most. Suggest doing the same for the Ping Under Load test on Benchmark as well. Your base ping is a bit jittery though which you can't do anything about unfortunately.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Paddee1987 said:

ah okay thanks for that info guys ill check out that guide aand have play. is the base ping jitter down to the pouma 6 chipset used in the hub 3?

many thanks

Paddee

Possibly, although I thought a fix was provided for that, I may be wrong.

It seems normal for Virgin but don't worry about it, I have Virgin fibre and Plusnet adsl, I have used R1, openwrt. I am using XR500 on adsl and R2 and no matter what I try I have good games and bad games. I currently game with the R2 and Virgin and everything is fine. I do use connection bookmark as a guide and listen to the Netduma guys. Anything that seems wrong is more than likely the game more than your isp. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Paddee1987 said:

ah okay. do i have any recourse with virgin from these sorts of results or is it something i have to live with?

bbc.co.uk.png

You're unlikely to be able to get them to do anything about it. The ping difference is only 20 and really you're probably unlikely to seriously notice that in game anyway. 

Also bqm monitor is a good tool to keep an eye on your line and if there is an issue then your isp often accept it as evidence. It is free and gives you a 24 hour graph of your broadband. You need to keep an eye on your ip address because occasionally it changes and you could be looking at someone else's graph. Got caught out myself by that.