Unable to access DumaOS after 4 days of ownership

Hi, I purchased a Nighthawk XR700 a few days ago. I went through the setup process and accessed the DumaOS UI on a few occasions to fine tune the settings. I made sure to update the firmware straight away. After about 4 days of use I can now no longer access DumaOS at all, I have cleared all history on several occasions, tried various browsers, tried different computers, tried command prompt (which also won't show ipconfig), tried factory resetting the router and trawled the internet for a couple of hours for a solution and nothing works. 

Can somebody please help!

Many thanks

Thanks for the reply! 

When I try the interface it just loads a Netgear web page and tells me to try clearing my browser history, as it may have cached the search. This never works 🙁 searching 192.168.1.1 just says it can't load the page 

It's also worth noting that the last change I made was to the VLAN/Bridge settings. I checked the boxes for the two wired connections and the two WiFi connections, then clicked apply, it started updating then kicked me out and I haven't been able to access it since. I only tried this as an experiment to see what sort of difference it would make

• Administrators

Thanks for that point, that will be why you cannot access it as you do not have the details needed set on your PC or any other devices. You will need to hold the reset button for 30 seconds and wait 1-2 minutes for it to boot to gain access. Rule of thumb, if you don't know what something does then leave it as the default/anything in Settings generally won't have an impact on connection minus a few exceptions.

I thought that might have been it but I have tried holding the reset button for 30 seconds already and it still didn't work, that's when I decided to try computers that were completely separate from my network and downloading new browsers (Firefox and explorer) on the home computer.

I also tried accessing router login on my phone to no avail 

• Administrators

In that case I think you will need to reinstall the firmware using TFTP and then that should hopefully allow you to access after, if not do a reset again and see if that works:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Thanks very much for the link, I shall do my best to follow the instructions. I might try a reset again first just to be absolutely sure. 

One other thing that struck me as untoward is that the port with the computer connected (connected via tp link power line adapter) is lit up in orange which would suggest that some firmware needs updating, is that correct? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Stiffryan said:

It seems as though my ISP won’t allow me to set a static IP address so now I’m stumped. Will removing the router from my network and reinstalling work?

The static IP, are you referring to the step for upgrading via TFTP? If so that is locally on your PC so nothing to do with the ISP.

It’s most confusing because in the link above it’s telling me to go into my connections  but it only lists 3 things to change (ip, subnet mask and default dns) but, when I access it, I have about 5 different things to change and then it tells me it can’t change the ip. The only place I can see to access these things is in the isp modem

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Stiffryan said:

It’s most confusing because in the link above it’s telling me to go into my connections  but it only lists 3 things to change (ip, subnet mask and default dns) but, when I access it, I have about 5 different things to change and then it tells me it can’t change the ip. The only place I can see to access these things is in the isp modem

You can leave the DNS empty completely but otherwise you just put the default gateway in, I've included a screenshot of what it should look like:

image.png

Update: I have managed to get my pea brain around all of it now and have regained access to the router!!! The only problem I have now is that the geofilter is showing in the US and I'm in the UK, how do I change that? 

Also thanks so much for all your help and patience 😁