Ipv6

SendNukes

In all reality IPV6 doesnt have to be enabled. But I also have it enabled on both LAN and WAN. My Xbox responds very well with it. And Microsoft really pushes it to enable it. Ive always been for IPV6 because it is the wave of the future regardless. And learning now about it then later I feel is my best option..  The key to IPV6 though is making sure its working and setup properly. That is key.. Currently I see odd behavior with it on DumaOS products. But there software is still evolving for full IPv6 support I feel.. Im an Xbox exclusive user. And I do get error codes every so often that state I need to enable IPV6ICMP.. I even called Xbox Support and they had me walk through a few tests. And they said the same thing about IPv6 ICMP..  

Now whats strange for myself is the XR500 performs different then my R2.. Both give different results. So im still working between both of those routers to see what is causing this.. So as far as enabling it is up to you. If you have somewhat of a understanding of it I say go for it.. Never hurts to try it.. If it causes issues for yourself then disable it.. 

Now as far as gaming is concerned is it better.. Well I think that all depends on what platform you play on and what type of IPV6 your ISP uses..Theres variables there to look into..

Thanks!

Zippy.