Multiple Xbox NAT Issues; Master Help Needed

Dubuddaman

Netgear Nighthawk XR500 

I am very frustrated with having two xbox one's at the house and either one getting strict and one getting open or both moderate (or it seems sometimes a complete mix of all of them).

When playing any Call of Duty game (two on MW or one MW and the other BlOps 4), there is always an issue.  Right now with Modern Warfare the port needing to be used is 3075.  This is for both Xbox's.  However, because both cannot go to the specified port this is where the problem plagues me and our gaming house.

I always find one of the Xbox has an external ip of <XBOX_1 Internal Xbox IP>:1024 and Internal IP of <XBOX_2 Internal Xbox IP>:3075  ** Please note I've only seen it use 1024, but its possible it could use others. **

The next step, I set both xbox to have static IPs based on the MAC address.

Even though UPNP is on for my router this didn't allow the right ports to be allocated and the reason for this is a breakdown in communication from the COD servers and the router. My router was assigning a port like 3384, which was not being picked up by the game itself for the 2nd xbox. This isnt 100% an issue with the game, but seems to be some breakdown in communication? ***

I need the ability or steps on how to tell this router to assign the IP the specific External Port to change to the specific internal port.

So I would have it set up as follows in the router somewhere:
    - Add a port forwarding rule for external port 3075 to <XBOX_1 internal IP> 3075
In game would reflect external IP:3075, internal IP:3075
    - Add a port forwarding rule for external port 1024 to forward to <XBOX_2 Internal IP> 3075
In game would reflect external IP:1024, internal IP:3075

Any time I try to add the same port onto a different IP I get a stupid error, this port is already being used by another

What I need help with is basically doing a manual task which UPNP should be able to do. 
I do not know how to get this to work inside the router.  Can someone explain to me?  Please help.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

On the Xboxs themselves you can tell them which IP to use so you can then port forward for both. The easiest option is to change NAT to Open in WAN Settings and you'll get an open NAT on both.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

option is to change NAT to Open in WAN Settings

Doing this then leaves me vulnerable to threats correct?  There's got to be another option then just this.  Is it not possible to do this in the router, and in the xbox I cannot choose the port 3075 from the list.  I cant even choose 3074.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Dubuddaman said:

Doing this then leaves me vulnerable to threats correct?  There's got to be another option then just this.  Is it not possible to do this in the router, and in the xbox I cannot choose the port 3075 from the list.  I cant even choose 3074.

No, you still have a firewall enabled, I personally use this option and it works really well. You don't have to use those specific ports, you can select the other ones for the Xbox to use and then setup rules for those specific ports.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

you can select the other ones for the Xbox to use and then setup rules for those specific ports.

So what would this look like in the port forward section in router for each Xbox where the external port Wanted by Call of Duty MW would be 3075 for both Xbox’s?

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 11:46 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

On the Xboxs themselves you can tell them which IP to use so you can then port forward for both. The easiest option is to change NAT to Open in WAN Settings and you'll get an open NAT on both.

FRASER, WHEN WILL THIS COME TO THE R2?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BlackstormTX said:

THAT SUCKS , A FEW MONTHS AGO , I ASKED FOR NAT FILTERING . YOU SAID THAT UNUP SHOULD FIX MY PROBLEM WITH NAT ISSUES . BUT IT HAS NOT . 

Can you make a new topic please describing your exact setup and the settings you're using to get an Open NAT and we can go from there.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:46 AM, Dubuddaman said:

Netgear Nighthawk XR500 

I am very frustrated with having two xbox one's at the house and either one getting strict and one getting open or both moderate (or it seems sometimes a complete mix of all of them).

When playing any Call of Duty game (two on MW or one MW and the other BlOps 4), there is always an issue.  Right now with Modern Warfare the port needing to be used is 3075.  This is for both Xbox's.  However, because both cannot go to the specified port this is where the problem plagues me and our gaming house.

I always find one of the Xbox has an external ip of <XBOX_1 Internal Xbox IP>:1024 and Internal IP of <XBOX_2 Internal Xbox IP>:3075  ** Please note I've only seen it use 1024, but its possible it could use others. **

The next step, I set both xbox to have static IPs based on the MAC address.

Even though UPNP is on for my router this didn't allow the right ports to be allocated and the reason for this is a breakdown in communication from the COD servers and the router. My router was assigning a port like 3384, which was not being picked up by the game itself for the 2nd xbox. This isnt 100% an issue with the game, but seems to be some breakdown in communication? ***

I need the ability or steps on how to tell this router to assign the IP the specific External Port to change to the specific internal port.

So I would have it set up as follows in the router somewhere:
    - Add a port forwarding rule for external port 3075 to <XBOX_1 internal IP> 3075
In game would reflect external IP:3075, internal IP:3075
    - Add a port forwarding rule for external port 1024 to forward to <XBOX_2 Internal IP> 3075
In game would reflect external IP:1024, internal IP:3075

Any time I try to add the same port onto a different IP I get a stupid error, this port is already being used by another

What I need help with is basically doing a manual task which UPNP should be able to do. 
I do not know how to get this to work inside the router.  Can someone explain to me?  Please help.

Just as an FYi and easier solution to keep using UPnP - (I can only speak for Xbox Series X, I don't know about other Xbox versions) you can change the port that is used for online services and its quite easy to achieve open NAT on multiple consoles. 

On Xbox just go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Change Port and pick any of the provided options that are not 3074. Then you may have to test NAT type afterwards but you should now have an open NAT where one console is using default port and the other is using a non-default port.