Keep having to reset

Jakerod12

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I have sent you a PM, please see if that is more stable.

Well you might have to send me the same i'm am starting to get these same problems on this optimized R2. Dropped internet Freezing locking up circling on on every R app.. router even giving issues now all of a sudden with nat type, i use to have open type nat with upnp now i have moderate online in multiplayer game and have not changed any ports with the router  in weeks.

Speeds are off, Mtu still is not working  and most annoying after every repower cycle i have to keep putting in user name password to access the router or even after a fresh reboot of computer this occurs... once this is done the router keeps taking me back through a tour as if i just purchased the router for the first time by going through a 1st time set up process.. Try to do cloud update when i do get the router to respond and that just keeps circling as if i was on an R1 beta. I removed the router and went back to my very old ancient dlink gaming router just to have peace of mind. Can't keep this up at this point it's passed annoyance. I thought the R2 was optimized now i'm on an old Dlink just to download a COD update after work today now i'm still at it because i had to trouble shoot a brand new optimized router that i just paid for a little over a month ago and wasted time on issues that should be working on a new router.

Spoiler

R2junk1.thumb.jpg.9166c12de1a898de514288364fde15c5.jpgR2junk3.thumb.jpg.f63c82a72278e7d5b30ee14dee78a022.jpgR2junk2.thumb.jpg.f8753255362d89aeb6381b0912d6a2d6.jpg

all of the r apps are doing the same thing as if i was on or in beta on the R1 go figure

Ok  after clearing the browser cache/cookies still online but had no GUI loading..   unplugged router for 5 mins plugged back in and now it's back to GUI being normal. all apps are loading normal like first day i got the router. the router's apps appears more responsive so far lets see how it goes over time..

logged back into router this morning everything is working it seems like when purchased the router on day one. router stopped showing the setup guide page also don't have to keep signing into router with username and password it seems to save and recall it. upload speed is back to normal. responsive again apps loading properly hope it stays this way..any news with mtu settings not applying/working yet?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CableGames22 said:

logged back into router this morning everything is working it seems like when purchased the router on day one. router stopped showing the setup guide page also don't have to keep signing into router with username and password it seems to save and recall it. upload speed is back to normal. responsive again apps loading properly hope it stays this way..any news with mtu settings not applying/working yet?

That is really strange but glad it is all working again. I haven't heard anything but I did make a ticket so they will investigate when they can.

20 minutes ago, fluffyman24 said:

I have this exact same issue, it's like the router has a memory leak and it just slows down over time have to keep resetting it every 3-5 days to get access to the interface.

Rebooting or resetting?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fluffyman24 said:

I have this exact same issue, it's like the router has a memory leak and it just slows down over time have to keep resetting it every 3-5 days to get access to the interface.

I have made a ticket so the devs will be looking into it, thanks for letting us know you experience it too.

Happens to me quite a lot, same as the R1 and XR500, have to unplug the router at least once a week, to make it work normal again.

Otherwise its slow and I just get circles spinning and error messages.

6 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Are you using the rear pin hole to reset?

Pulling the plug, doing what you have just set is a factory reset don't do that.

That’s a reboot just so Fraser is aware. A reset is when you use the rear pin hole method or the reset in software but you can try that and setup as new and test. 
Are you using adblocker?

Guest Killhippie
15 hours ago, Ste G said:

Pulling the plug, doing what you have just set is a factory reset don't do that.

Hard rebooting is turning it off and on, if there are major issues you reset which is a factory reset via the pinhole ofr GUI, there is a big difference and it helps to know which avenue you are going down for support otherwise people may think you are using a pinhole /gui factory reset every week if you see what I mean. :)