Nuke on Coldwar Beta

Chaiyoabc

2 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

In tomato, there will be an option to choose on how many udp connection you want it to pass through in per second. 

I haven't spotted that and now I'm curious. Can you point it out? Been using FreshTomato for months now and had CoD working much better than any other router I've tried.

1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

I haven't spotted that and now I'm curious. Can you point it out? Been using FreshTomato for months now and had CoD working much better than any other router I've tried.

Not sure if this is it but if you scroll down there's a little screen shot under the Set Priority and TCP/UDP Limits title

https://learntomato.flashrouters.com/setup-bandwidth-limiter-monitor-control-bandwidth/

1 hour ago, johnnytran said:

Are u guys running the AIO or VPN version of freshtomato? not sure what the difference is but just bought a used one that supposedly has the VPN version. Hopefully it has this setting lol.

This is what I'm running... Version 2020.3 on Belkin Share N300 (F7D3302/F7D7302) v1

Tried Chai's settings tonight on MW19.

Not 100% sure if they worked or not. Had a few moments where I though 'hmm' but nothing obvious.

Didn't have QoS turned on at all.

Will continue to use them, see what happens.

Have you tried streaming something while playing? Just wondering what the link I pasted above means where it says "For example, this computer would only be able to stream to 5 other devices." while it shows 5/s in the UDP box. I don't want to set this setting to 1 while play and block my partner from being able to watch netflix or something lol.

24 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

Have you tried streaming something while playing? Just wondering what the link I pasted above means where it says "For example, this computer would only be able to stream to 5 other devices." while it shows 5/s in the UDP box. I don't want to set this setting to 1 while play and block my partner from being able to watch netflix or something lol.

I was streaming while playing tonight.

You set that setting to a particular ip or mac so it won't affect the whole network.

3 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Tried Chai's settings tonight on MW19.

Not 100% sure if they worked or not. Had a few moments where I though 'hmm' but nothing obvious.

Didn't have QoS turned on at all.

Will continue to use them, see what happens.

There are also other settings I havent mentioned as well. I also use custom script to let qos reset every 5 mins to make game as flow as possible. It was my personal finding that when I turn off and turn on qos every time before game starts, will help improve my gaming experience. And there is also specific classification and basic qos setting on tomato that I haven’t mentioned then yet

10 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

There are also other settings I havent mentioned as well. I also use custom script to let qos reset every 5 mins to make game as flow as possible. It was my personal finding that when I turn off and turn on qos every time before game starts, will help improve my gaming experience. And there is also specific classification and basic qos setting on tomato that I haven’t mentioned then yet

Regardless, the game wasn't any worse than my usual settings and they work pretty damn well :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 2:48 AM, Chaiyoabc said:

How are you running bandwidth limit and QoS?

When I had them both turned on MW wouldn't connect at all and Cold War crashed the second I spawned in a match.

On 10/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, Chaiyoabc said:

My setting: R2 + Fresh Tomato on Linksys 54GL 

with Bandwidth Limited to 3/0.3 and UDP connection limit to 1 connection/second (Netduma cannot do that) 

gotta say this 8 dollars router knows the drill !!

what are you using for headphones to hear footsteps and what sound mix in the audio panel is the big question?

11 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

How are you running bandwidth limit and QoS?

When I had them both turned on MW wouldn't connect at all and Cold War crashed the second I spawned in a match.

The only QoS option I have on FT is sfq or pfifo. I've seen fq_codel in some screenshots, maybe it's limited to certain routers? I couldn't find any info.

I followed some gaming QoS guide on linksysinfo but I don't think it's good, this QoS doesn't even get rid of bufferbloat (maybe it's these settings?). Whatever the settings did, I only get half my 100Mbps on speedtest and my ping spikes like crazy.

Games felt different to the R2. Things kind of felt slower instead of the fast/crisp feeling I get with the R2. I had tcp set to unlimited, udp to 1/s and all bandwidth at 1000kbps