Packet loss and lag spikes while playing (xr500)

AzeRuS94

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Hello, I've been having packet loss 1/2% on both upload and download in the in-game graph everyday. I don't think that the servers are like this always because my friends play fine. What can I do? I have anti-bufferbloat on always 50/50% and I can't play due to this frustration.

Does it have a noticeable impact on the connection in game? If you use PingPlotter do you see the same kind of packet loss occurring?

54 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it have a noticeable impact on the connection in game? If you use PingPlotter do you see the same kind of packet loss occurring?

Ping is stable at 30ms but I have 3% packet loss every game non-stop lagging. What do I have to do with ping plotter?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Ping is stable at 30ms but I have 3% packet loss every game non-stop lagging. What do I have to do with ping plotter?

Follow this guide but no need to change QoS at this point, just run it at a time where you would be normally playing and post the results here please.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Follow this guide but no need to change QoS at this point, just run it at a time where you would be normally playing and post the results here please.

Where can I find the guide?

Edit: I found it. This is a test with a few devices being used and me playing with 50/50% qos.

pingplotter 1.PNG

Edited by AzeRuS94

15 hours ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Where can I find the guide?

Edit: I found it. This is a test with a few devices being used and me playing with 50/50% qos.

pingplotter 1.PNG

How does it looks? The taskbar has hidden some red triangles that I don't know what they mean, they are at the bottom of the graph.

On 11/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's absolutely perfect, if you try Apex now for example does it still show packet loss? If so grab the IP from the Geo-Filter and do a PingPlotter test with that.

Hello, I solved the packet issue thanks to a optimization internet guide, but the problem is that I still experiencing since october a lot of wifi drops every 1-2 days where there is no internet connection but on the isp router everything is fine. The only fix I found was to restart the router but is very annoying. What can I do?

On 12/3/2020 at 8:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd recommend so, it should be quite easy as in LAN Settings you just click the device from the table to apply the IP it already has.

The wifi just dropped 3 times today while playing csgo. No internet through wifi or ethernet. Since I tried in september duma os 3.0 and rolled back to 2.66 everything went worse and worse everyday, I can't even returned it because the router has over 1 year.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

The wifi just dropped 3 times today while playing csgo. No internet through wifi or ethernet. Since I tried in september duma os 3.0 and rolled back to 2.66 everything went worse and worse everyday, I can't even returned it because the router has over 1 year.

Try the recent beta build we released last week as I think that is better generally and haven't seen to many reports of that.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try the recent beta build we released last week as I think that is better generally and haven't seen to many reports of that.

Where do I find the beta?

Edit: I found it, there is a lot of people complaining, I know it's a beta but I preefer to not damage more my xr500 and I will wait for an official release of dumaOS 3.0, until then I will be using my isp router.

Edited by AzeRuS94

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Where do I find the beta?

Edit: I found it, there is a lot of people complaining, I know it's a beta but I preefer to not damage more my xr500 and I will wait for an official release of dumaOS 3.0, until then I will be using my isp router.

It's a beta so there will be issues but I think it's more stable than the previous build.