Packet loss and lag spikes while playing (xr500)

AzeRuS94

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great, nothing else should be needed. Keep us posted!

Just happened again, I'm going to downgrade to 2.56 again because when I was using it, this wasn't happening.

Edit: I went back to 2.56 and now when I try to access to the duma interface it says: This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.  I rebooted the router twice but nothing.

Edited by AzeRuS94

On 10/31/2020 at 8:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Upgrade using TFTP and then do a factory reset, that will give you the freshest install possible and should resolve any outstanding issues https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

I have done everything and now it's fine but my samsung galaxy s20 plus has a very slow internet, I can't even watch a video on youtube because it's buffering, my speeds are fine while doing a speedtest. What can I do?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Set the DNS on your phone to use 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 and see if that speeds it up

nvm, all the devices have a slow wifi. What can I do? The isp wifi works perfectly fine.

• Administrators

There is no real reason there should be a difference between the speed tests and websites, other than DNS & Adblocker which you don't have. Could be wireless contention, use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and then change to that.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

There is no real reason there should be a difference between the speed tests and websites, other than DNS & Adblocker which you don't have. Could be wireless contention, use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and then change to that.

These are the channels available. Is there a difference between all the 5ghz channels? Should I use a specific number or it doesn't matter? Because they are 5 stars each. Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_20201107-153244_Wifi Analyzer.jpg

Screenshot_20201107-153259_Wifi Analyzer.jpg

• Administrators

That does seem promising but hard to recommend one because as you say they're all basically 5 stars. Would be better if we could see what other networks are using. There is a WiFi analyzer on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 that is free that will tell you this, do that and post the screenshot and I can recommend one.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That does seem promising but hard to recommend one because as you say they're all basically 5 stars. Would be better if we could see what other networks are using. There is a WiFi analyzer on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 that is free that will tell you this, do that and post the screenshot and I can recommend one.

I installed it but it requires a wifi card and my pc doesn't have it, because is desktop pc. :(

On 11/7/2020 at 8:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay no problem, change 5GHz to 36 and leave 2.4 as it is.

Hello, It's been nearly a week and I didn't experienced any wifi drop out or anything like before, I'm currently on 2.3.2.66 and whenever I play games like Fortnite, Csgo or MW, I'm experiencing lag and packet loss (especially on fortnite). I have qos 70/70. What can I do?

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you measuring the packet loss exactly?

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you get the packet loss directly connected to the modem?

Nop, I tried it this morning and everything was smooth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I think that will be just the server, Apex does the same to me recently and I've not changed anything in my setup.

Hello, I've been having packet loss 1/2% on both upload and download in the in-game graph everyday. I don't think that the servers are like this always because my friends play fine. What can I do? I have anti-bufferbloat on always 50/50% and I can't play due to this frustration.