Packet loss and lag spikes while playing (xr500)

AzeRuS94

Hello, since a few weeks I have been experimenting lag spikes while playing matchmaking in csgo, my ping is always 20-23ms but sometimes during the match, my ping goes high till 400ms and then go back to 20ms after 5 seconds. I have also been playing fifa 21 division rivals on ps4, where the ping is showed as 10ms in game but sometimes my game starts to freeze and then goes back to normal. What can I do? I have tried to reset the xr500, updated to 3.0 but then went back to 2.56. I have 1000/1000mb, 70/70% anti-bufferbloat

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you seeing this happen on the game ping or on the Geo-Filter ping? 

on the net graph of csgo, the geo filter ping is always shown as 2ms no matter what game I play, I've been having this issue for a long time.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:56 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a full screenshot of the Geo-Filter page please of what it looks like when you're in a game?

Hello, sorry for the late response, I went back to 3.0 as is not the problem and I did these two tests I made with the connection benchmark, the first with anti-bufferbloat disabled and the other one enabled, I also made a screenshot of the geo filter page while playing division rivals on fifa 21, which is supposed to have a madrid server but it's not shown on the geo filter but is showing 10ms ping on the graph and also in the game menu, so I don't know why is that. Even if I am supposed to have a good ping, every match I suffer from random speed boost of my player not reacting or switching between players (is not my controller 100%) and the game freezing too. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

NO QOS.PNG

qos enabled 7070.PNG

geo filter fifa m.PNG

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That peer icon is the host, looks like you don't have the Geo-Filter enabled, what does it say at the top of the page?

Yes, I have it always disabled because in division rivals it always give me an error of not finding anybody if I enable it.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Understood, we haven't tested/optimized for the game just yet. I would recommend having a look at this site which has some suggestions on how to fix specific FIFA issues https://fifaaddiction.com/fifa-issues/

I've been also having issue with my ps4 pro speeds, on the xr500 eth2 (ps4) there is always a orange light giving me slow speeds while downloading a game, while on eth3 and eth1 is white and getting 1000mb.  Yesterday I also disabled upnp to see if I can achieve a nat type 1 but I couldn't find any game on fifa or I was getting disconnected after 10 minutes playing a match, I re-enabled upnp and I still getting disconnected while playing on the ps4 or getting weird lag spikes on discord on my pc. What can I do?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, AzeRuS94 said:

I've been also having issue with my ps4 pro speeds, on the xr500 eth2 (ps4) there is always a orange light giving me slow speeds while downloading a game, while on eth3 and eth1 is white and getting 1000mb.  Yesterday I also disabled upnp to see if I can achieve a nat type 1 but I couldn't find any game on fifa or I was getting disconnected after 10 minutes playing a match, I re-enabled upnp and I still getting disconnected while playing on the ps4 or getting weird lag spikes on discord on my pc. What can I do?

That indicates the ethernet cable you're using to connect the PS4 to the router is not capable of 100Mbps or higher, it needs to be at least Cat5e and if it is then it could be faulty, try swapping it with one of the other cables you mentioned are receiving higher speeds. NAT Type 1 is when you're directly connected to the modem, NAT Type 2 is open and connected behind a router. Don't disable UPnP as that will prevent ports opening properly when required. As you've enabled it again reboot the router and it should be fine.

On 10/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That indicates the ethernet cable you're using to connect the PS4 to the router is not capable of 100Mbps or higher, it needs to be at least Cat5e and if it is then it could be faulty, try swapping it with one of the other cables you mentioned are receiving higher speeds. NAT Type 1 is when you're directly connected to the modem, NAT Type 2 is open and connected behind a router. Don't disable UPnP as that will prevent ports opening properly when required. As you've enabled it again reboot the router and it should be fine.

Okay, I solved the problem but I've been experiencing a lot of wifi drops where there is no internet for 10-20minutes and then it come backs or I have to reboot the xr500, meanwhile, the isp router is working fine. What can I do?   

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AzeRuS94 said:

Okay, I solved the problem but I've been experiencing a lot of wifi drops where there is no internet for 10-20minutes and then it come backs or I have to reboot the xr500, meanwhile, the isp router is working fine. What can I do?   

Is it just an issue for WiFi or does it happen when connected via ethernet as well?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status, what does DHCP lease/obtained say?

I cannot enter the xr500 interface, it says: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute. What can I do?

On 10/23/2020 at 3:32 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Access the Huawei router, find LAN Settings and you should see the router listed and you can assign the same IP as static or reserved. If you're unsure on how to do this specifically it may help to look up the specific Huawei model.

Hello, sorry for the late response. I just did this: I used the xr500 mac address, on the internet setup page, and on the huawei established a static ip with the xr500 mac address and the wan ip on system information. Do I have to do something else? I will see if the internet stops dropping and I'll let you know.

static huawei.PNG

internet setup page.PNG