XR700 V1.0.1.34 Plex unknown errror

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, nighthawk-xr700 said:

Hi trying to update plex

Current Plex version: 1.18.0.1913-e5cc93306  Jul 16, 2019

New Plex version: 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896  Sep 29, 2020

Every time i try i get an unknown error

Help please

I believe plex updates come only in new firmware, I may be wrong but I think thats how the system works on these routers.

4 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I believe plex updates come only in new firmware, I may be wrong but I think thats how the system works on these routers.

no, the plex updates are independent  of firmware updates, I have the XR700. @nighthawk-xr700 have you looked on plex's support pages to see if you can get it directly from there or update from inside the plex server itself?

Guest Killhippie
1 minute ago, BIG__DOG said:

no, the plex updates are independent  of firmware updates, I have the XR700. @nighthawk-xr700 hae you looked on plex's support pages to see if you can get it directly from there or update from inside the plex server itself?

Thanks for the update BIG__DOG, I wasn't sure as I thought it was tied in to Netgear updates. Learn something new every day. :)

1 minute ago, Killhippie said:

Thanks for the update BIG__DOG, I wasn't sure as I thought it was tied in to Netgear updates. Learn something new every day. :)

yeah, as we all know updates from netgear are sparse to say the least, but plex pushes updates on a regular basis to the XR700 and all compatible devices running plex.

14 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

@nighthawk-xr700 Just double check the router time is correct as if it is out of sync then  no updates will install, much the same as a  windows pc.

@BIG__DOG yeah that was a small thing I forgot to mention after updating from .24 to .34 my time was out of sync it was saying February 22nd 2020, just changed my timezone to another timezone I am not in  applied that, then changed again to my own timezone then it was perfect on the right time and date.

With the time checked & correct, and post the recent DUMAOS firmware upgrade, trying to update

Plex to the most recent version [1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896] spawns an "unknow error".

Anyone find out anything else that might fix this?

MSatt

Just now, MSatt said:

With the time checked & correct, and post the recent DUMAOS firmware upgrade, trying to update

Plex to the most recent version [1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896] spawns an "unknow error".

Anyone find out anything else that might fix this?

MSatt

Are you using the beta version of dumaOS for the XR700? That is if they have released one yet. If there is one out and you are running it then that will be the answer. If you are not then I don't know but hopefully netduma can answer this or go to netgears support pages as it is them who release the plex updates.

Just now, MSatt said:

No ... using the recently released V1.0.1.34 version.

MSatt

V1.0.1.34V1.0V1.0.1.34.1.34

hmmmm. All i can suggest is you either go to netgears support pages, wait and see if netduma reply or downgrade the firmware to previous version and see if the plex server updates. The last option is the 1 I personally would try just to omit any bug that maybe in the latest version.

Good idea ... but in the "virgin" state --- after reset to the factory setting, DUMASOS reports there is new plex version available ... but when you either manually ask it to download, or let it try automatically ... you get the same, now infamous "unknow error" ... which is currently turning out to be worse than the more classic "unknown error". 

Then, if you confidently reload your prior setting ... you find everything comes back, except (wait for it) ... it now reports there is NO plex version installed (see pix attached) ... still reports there is a new Plex version available ... but you can't download/install this version either. So ... still a problem ... and now, you don't have Plex ...

MSatt

image_2020-10-03_131350.png

Updated the XR700 to Firmware version 1.0.1.34

Plex stopped working after a reset; done to work out an unrelated problem which was fixed. Now I have no Plex and there seems to be a problem updating to the current version of Plex version 1.19.5....despite having the newest firmware which on the release notes specifically says it's meant to support Plex version 1.19.5....

Tried going back to the previous version and re-initiating Plex, didn't work.

just keeps posting an "unknow error" message. Tried setting it to auto update a few days and it normally updates at 3am but that also didn't work.

PSA: If you have the previous version of Plex version 18.1.0... and your Plex still works *****Do not reset your router, it will wipe that version off completely and you won't have Plex at all. at least until Netgear gets this firmware update working right.

Anyone have a fix?

Screenshot (3).png

8 minutes ago, Damian0911 said:

All us working now, back to binge watching Stargate SG-1 on Plex. Thanks

Nothing better than a good binge of S-G 1.......................... apart from BSG which is the best sci-fi series ever created.