Cannot access R2 router interface

mengov

While playing online we were booted from game and voice party then lost all internet connection wired and wifi(wifi first) the could'nt access the r2 interface, have tried to reboot 30 30 30 method and get invalid ip address  or unidentified network and it gets stuck in a boot loop. Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators

Please don't do the 30-30-30 method, it shouldn't be unplugged until it has finished rebooting correctly. Unplug it completely from the power for 10 minutes to let any residual power drain. Then connect it back to the power, does it continue to do a boot loop? If so hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then let go and wait 1-2 minutes for it to fully boot and see if it all works then.

37 minutes ago, mengov said:

Sorry it was a last attempt at rebooting it, i had it of all last night and booted it this morning and like i said it either goes unidentified or boot loops

Hi!

Have you tried to manually configure an IP within the range of R2 on your pc to see if you have access to the network? try it to see if it works.

Regards!

Hi i turned the R2 on and it was in boot loop so i pressed the reset button for 30 seconds and i have connection to the internet but cannot access the router interface, could you tell me how to do the ip configure procedure please.

23 minutes ago, mengov said:

Hi i turned the R2 on and it was in boot loop so i pressed the reset button for 30 seconds and i have connection to the internet but cannot access the router interface, could you tell me how to do the ip configure procedure please.

I assume that the pc has it connected by cable, follow these steps. Press the windows start button and in the search bar type network and sharing center and click on it. In the left pane of the window click on change adapter settings, right click on local area connection and then click on properties. Find where it says internet protocol 4 and double click. In the window that opened, use the following IP address and fill in the fields like this:
DNS
IMPORTANT: CLICK ON VALIDATE CONFIGURATION ON EXIT (right next to where it says advanced configuration and above where it is accept.

In case the PC has it connected via wifi instead of cable, you will have to perform the same operation but instead of right-clicking on local area connection, you will have to do it in wireless connection.

Try if you can configure it and have access like that, I hope you have luck.

So we can see where we are.
Right now you have R2 connected and working and you have internet but you don't have access to the R2 interface, right?

If you want this afternoon around 3:00 pm I have a space to do with you if you want a teamviewer session, I can try to do the manual configuration to see if you can regain access to the interface.
What operating system are you using? and what browser?
First of all, also try to clear the entire cache of your browser and then try to access R2 again

sorry for the late reply i had to go for a covid swab for an operation on thursday, i wasnt able to access router at all, could we pick this up at the weekend or next week as i have to go into isolation until my op on thursday.

thank you for the replys

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, mengov said:

sorry for the late reply i had to go for a covid swab for an operation on thursday, i wasnt able to access router at all, could we pick this up at the weekend or next week as i have to go into isolation until my op on thursday.

thank you for the replys

Yes that is absolutely fine. Take care and good luck!

Ok well op was cancelled due to rise of corona.  Hi is am using win10 pro, and chrome(i have tried Firefox, Edge, Explorer) i cleared cache and entered the ip configuration but still cannot access the router and internet also it has power light on, internet and ethernet 1 are flashing.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, mengov said:

Ok well op was cancelled due to rise of corona.  Hi is am using win10 pro, and chrome(i have tried Firefox, Edge, Explorer) i cleared cache and entered the ip configuration but still cannot access the router and internet also it has power light on, internet and ethernet 1 are flashing.

Are you able to access the interface with any other device, either with WiFi or ethernet at all?

Hello, I have the same issue,  I run the XR500 for test it a couple days and yesterday I tried to go back with the R2.  Un fortunatly I was not able to acces the R2 interface,  I tried to set ethernet configuration manually from my PC, but not at all.

I will continu to look this topic ! 

Thank for your help

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DanyKTM said:

Hello, I have the same issue,  I run the XR500 for test it a couple days and yesterday I tried to go back with the R2.  Un fortunatly I was not able to acces the R2 interface,  I tried to set ethernet configuration manually from my PC, but not at all.

I will continu to look this topic ! 

Thank for your help

What happens when you try to access the interface?

31 minutes ago, mengov said:

No neither,  WiFi doesn't even show up

Please email [email protected] with a link to this topic and your order number and we can look into getting a replacement out.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, DanyKTM said:

hello please see below

Do you get the same thing trying to access http://dumaos ? Also if you use an incognito browser window does that make a difference? What IP does the PC get when you don't have the static information set?

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you get the same thing trying to access http://dumaos ? Also if you use an incognito browser window does that make a difference? What IP does the PC get when you don't have the static information set?

even with routerlogin.net I get the same error
I tried with chrome, explorer and edge, same thing
the IP address that my computer generates is 169.xxx.xxx.x
when i try to configure a static IP it says IP error

• Administrators

Routerlogin.net is only for the Netgear routers so won't work for the R1/R2. With that IP you will need to try a reset again, hold the reset button for 30 seconds then release and wait 1-2 minutes, then try to access again. I've no idea what happened there.