Port foward errors

Ste G

Are you aware of any errors in the software with port forwarding?

I can't edit a rule I get this message 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined

Trying to add a new rule I get this

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'gmatch' ?: in function 'split' ?: in function '?' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:387> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:404> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

@Netduma Fraser

Also what's the latest firmware for the R2, I'm on 138, is there any thing newer?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 4:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you screenshot the rule you tried to make please so I can try to replicate?

Fraser, When I was doing just my ports like I was telling you about, I didnt realized that that pop up had anything to do with my ports...but I was getting that same error pop up on my screen. So it has to be something going on with the ports since I cant get an open nat either.

Also, does this look normal when I use DMZ for my PS4?  Reason I'm asking is because it doesn't necessarily give me an open NAT in game.  We have more than 1 gaming console and it seems whoever is on first, gets the open NAT(Shows port 3074).  That's where the NAT filtering options on the Netgear routers worked, everyone had open NAT when set to open.

Screenshot 2020-10-11 154552.png

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That isn't the DMZ, DMZ is on the General LAN page. UPnP should work to allow multiple consoles to get an open NAT.

Sorry, should've explained better.  When I turn DMZ on, this is what shows up in port forwarding, is it normal?  It just looked strange lol

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Gamingcavalier said:

Sorry, should've explained better.  When I turn DMZ on, this is what shows up in port forwarding, is it normal?  It just looked strange lol

I think it is probably to prevent you from assigning ports to it but yes that is strange, thanks for bringing it up!