i give up now

1conito

i'm in this forum since the release of BO4 and i was mostly in readonly mode, i've read almost eveything related to call of duty franchise, and i can tell you that i've tried eveything possible to improve my gaming experience, begining with netduma os with my XR500  and trying other routers with various OS's  like DDWRT, OPENWRT, ASUSWRT, TOMATO & GARGOYLE,  , yes i've all of them and even after hundreds of  hours trying to fine tune  each router, the results are 90% of time bad, it works for few games and next round  i'm shooting stones instead of bullets, i'm always 1 second behind, my aim is good, but i'm just feeding other players killstreaks, like many of the users of this forum, it's so frustrating

i was hoping that the netduma 3.0 Os  comes with some new blood to the gaming routers industry, because, right now with the actual firmware version , except for the geofilter feature everything has no impact at all, and i'm tired for waiting for the 3.0 update, and to be honest i don't care anymore; i don't blame any one, beacause,  i don't even know what to blame

maybe it will be different with the newt cod, even if i feel that it will be the same story again

thanx to all for reading, and have GG 

regards

You can thank me later (if it worked lol) 

i have been having bad experience with bo4. Just found out way to overcome this yesterday

the reason because you might have had laggers join in a lobby so you had been struggling with lag compensation along with bad netcode from black ops engine 

this is what you should do in your netduma 

port forward 1-65535 udp 

traffic prioritization 1-65535 udp 

use your bw slider and slide down to about 36-37 download speed and 3-4 upload speed 

on flower graph, if u use duma3.0, then it should come up with application flower. Switch to application qos flower grpah. 

on application-based flower graph, put media to about 90% both download and upload. untick share excess for both download and upload and boom. It will work. 

black ops engine somehow like to put low bandwidth on gaming packets. 

however, this setting should work only black ops series, you cant use this in mw

traffic prio is pointless if you are the only one using your internet, like me, and i agree it could be helpfull if you're sharing bandwidth with others

btw i play mainly mw 2019, and nothing worked for me to make it enjoyable

except when i play in the spanish dedi server, it somehow works fine most of time, and sticking on that server is not a solution because it can take a while to find a lobby

DE & UK servers are the worst for me, it's so ridiculous and unfair experience

1 hour ago, 1conito said:

traffic prio is pointless if you are the only one using your internet, like me, and i agree it could be helpfull if you're sharing bandwidth with others

btw i play mainly mw 2019, and nothing worked for me to make it enjoyable

except when i play in the spanish dedi server, it somehow works fine most of time, and sticking on that server is not a solution because it can take a while to find a lobby

DE & UK servers are the worst for me, it's so ridiculous and unfair experience

I deleted that game nth can make it better and I have a 4.50kd on bo4 it's just not playable 

• Administrators

My 2cents, if you're constantly chasing the perfect settings 1) They don't exist & 2) You don't give the settings you have changed a chance. There are so many variables when it comes to playing online, with the router you can optimize this as much as possible but there will be external factors from time to time. My suggestion is just find some low ping/close servers, optimize your QoS and then just completely forget about it and I bet after awhile you will have more good games than you thought you would. DumaOS 3.0 is in open beta on XR500 if you want to try that: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

I have been experimenting for awhile and I noticed if I place a switch it can actully change your gaming experience. I did some test by flashing dd-wrt and openwrt and setting it up as a switch. My testing: I placed dd-wrt as switch and It sucked, got melted. Tried openwrt and it performed great, now they seem kinda slower and bullets still connect great. 

setup
fiber - switch - router.

only use this if your fiber converter or isp modem sucks. 

BFA6426F-4DA4-417D-A875-48266E5C0A19.jpeg

Wndr3700v1 and wndr3700v4 both using gwlim openwrt. Using JUL-2020 build.

https://github.com/gwlim/openwrt-sfe-flowoffload-ath79/tree/master/JUL-2020/openwrt-sfe-flowoffload-normal

i have noticed on v4 they seem slower but also my bullets seem slower, on v1 bullets seems great, good balance. im using rt V1 and wrt32x. Duma worked also great but only solo. wrt32x seems to work in partys and solo

On 9/19/2020 at 1:48 AM, Cussiv said:

Wndr3700v1 and wndr3700v4 both using gwlim openwrt. Using JUL-2020 build.

https://github.com/gwlim/openwrt-sfe-flowoffload-ath79/tree/master/JUL-2020/openwrt-sfe-flowoffload-normal

i have noticed on v4 they seem slower but also my bullets seem slower, on v1 bullets seems great, good balance. im using rt V1 and wrt32x. Duma worked also great but only solo. wrt32x seems to work in partys and solo

i flashed my wdr4300 v1 with the firmware above, but i have no idea how to make the rooter acting like a switch, any tutorial is welcome

i'm little confused because, i switch is not supposed to do any NAT operations, it belongs to the modem/fibre where he's wired to, so how flowoffloading will work ? in other words, if i'm not wrong a switch is just a device that forward packets nothing else

thx