Netduma R2 | "Could not detect an Internet connection"

Sameer

Hi guys,

I only received the new R2 router today and followed the setup as suggested in the manual. Everything was working from morning till afternoon. Later this evening I tried to access the DumaOS via 192.168.77.1. Unfortunately, I was not able to access it. I tried to reset the R2 by holding rest button for good 25sec. After the reset, I am now not getting internet connection on my R2 router. I cannot even access my Virgin Media hub 3.0 (in Modem mode) via 192.168.100.1 anymore. I also tried to do 30-30-30 hard reset, and somehow I was able to access internet and also access modem. But still not able to access DumaOS. I again reset the R2. this time again I cannot access nither Modem nor R2 dashboard and there is no Internet connection detected.

My connection setup = Virgin media wall socket + Virgin media Hub 3.0 (modem mode ON) + Internet Port in R2 + Desktop (Wired)

- Was working fine earlier. Now there is no Internet connection.

Any help please guys?

Guest Killhippie

To get internet back to start disconnect the R2 and connect the virgin hub back up, then login to the virgin hub and set to router mode,  after if needed enter any credentials and you should have internet back. As to the R2 once you have internet back try connecting the R2 on its own to your PC just to see it if works and leave the Virgin hub alone for the time being so you have internet access.

Boot up wait for the lights to appear and login via 192.168.77.1 then enter admin and password. You wont have internet via the R2 after a factory reset as it wipes all your connection data so it would not have connected anyway. Try clearing your browsers cache, a 30/30/30 should not be needed but if the R2 still does not work talk to @Netduma Fraser as its possibly faulty, or he knows of a way round this issue. Connect back to the virgin hub and see what is suggested.

Hi @Killhippie, Thanks a lot for the information!

I followed your instruction as below:

1. Switched Hub3.0 back to Router Mode
  2. Connected PC to Hub 3.0 via ethernet cable (Got the internet working now)
  3. Now, I connected Hub3.0 to R2 (Internet Port) without changing it to Modem mode.
  4. Connected R2 (Port 1) to PC via ethernet cable.
  5. Now I am able to log in to 192.168.77.1 and the DumaOS is able to detect internet. However, this is without changing Hub3.0 into Modem mode.

Is it ok to keep Hub3.0 into Router Mode (Not Modem mode) and still get the same DumaOS expectations in-game?

• Administrators

Glad to hear KH was able to guide you back to getting internet and access. I am on Virgin Media as well and I've found modem mode to be a bit dicey as you've already found so I keep it in router mode and haven't had any issues that way. To ensure you get an open NAT put the WAN IP of the R2 found in the System Information page into the DMZ on the hub. Would suggest disabling the hub WiFi also so ALL devices connect to the R2.

Thanks a lot @Netduma Fraser! As you suggested, I am now leaving Hub3.0 in Router mode and all WiFi turned off. Also, I have put R2 in DMZ. I have played around tweaking some settings and I think I have finally got an optimum performance. 

I question though. Is there a way I can backup my current router settings so that in future if I reset it I can quickly get back to the current settings with ease?