R2 stopped providing internet connection

liveandletdie34

Hi right what it is. All of a sudden the r2 has just stopped providing. On the network map it says there is internet link speed 1000mbits. Says wan ip disconnected. It’s been fine it was just when my daughter said YouTube has stopped working I noticed the problem I thought it was just my isp or there hub but that’s all fine tested that. So just seems to be the duma got me baffled. PictureBDA25404-C120-4671-87AC-265009182196.thumb.jpeg.00fe4a006d72735ba2ec9e287ae95f48.jpeg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How is the hub setup? Is it using modem/bridge mode or has it got the R2 in the DMZ? If the latter have you set a static/reserved IP on the hub for the R2? 

Can you access it using Google Chrome?

I had it in modem mode no static ips or anything of the sort no it were in the dmz to get my open nat. Mate it’s been fine from the day of settling it up. Now just stopped working it’s like the port isn’t working.i have now taken my isps modem out of modem mode just so we have internet. And I have even been trying it as though I am still using the r2 and getting no internet mate there is just nothing there. I think you are going to have to remote access as I think the port is broken and I have tried all I can try and I am not a very patient person if you know what I mean 

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How is the hub setup? Is it using modem/bridge mode or has it got the R2 in the DMZ? If the latter have you set a static/reserved IP on the hub for the R2? 

Can you access it using Google Chrome?

I can access it by any browser just carnt set it up as there is no internet access well through the r2 there isn’t 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. If there is resolution plz send me a message

More details in case it helps. The issue began after I tried rebooting my r2. I do this because sometimes my geofilter stops working unless I reboot, so I was rebooting preemptively. When I say reboot, I mean I unplugged the power for 5 mins before plugging it back in. My r apps aren't loading slow like the previous users, but my WAN IP says disconnected in the Network Status panel just like the other screenshot in this thread. My network map looks fine and the r2 sees devices as they turn on/off. It's just the WAN side of things that seem to be having issues. I use DHCP WAN with all default settings. I have the wifi on my r2 disabled since I do everything over ethernet.

Edited by iCarly
Adding more details for my specific situation

4 hours ago, iCarly said:

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. If there is resolution plz send me a message

More details in case it helps. The issue began after I tried rebooting my r2. I do this because sometimes my geofilter stops working unless I reboot, so I was rebooting preemptively. When I say reboot, I mean I unplugged the power for 5 mins before plugging it back in. My r apps aren't loading slow like the previous users, but my WAN IP says disconnected in the Network Status panel just like the other screenshot in this thread. My network map looks fine and the r2 sees devices as they turn on/off. It's just the WAN side of things that seem to be having issues. I use DHCP WAN with all default settings. I have the wifi on my r2 disabled since I do everything over ethernet.

Welcome to the forum!

How often are you seeing this happen? Could you please try accessing the modem's interface and set a reserved IP for the R2 there? Then once you've done that, it may also be worth putting the R2s WAN IP in the DMZ.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

How often are you seeing this happen? Could you please try accessing the modem's interface and set a reserved IP for the R2 there? Then once you've done that, it may also be worth putting the R2s WAN IP in the DMZ.

I just accessed my modems interface (motorola MB7420), but it seems to only contain read data for modem diagnostics/health/status. I can't find a single setting anywhere that I can set, let alone setting for a reserved IP. Furthermore, there's no DMZ on this modem that I can see in the interface. It was literally all working just fine before I reboot it yesterday.

I just got it working after what seemed like the 100th reboot. The thing I did different on the last reboot was I disconnect all device on the LAN ports, unplugged both the modem and R2 from power. Let it sit for 10 mins. Powered on the modem until it was fully booted, then powered on the R2 until it was fully booted. Last I reconnected all my LAN devices.

Dunno why having my LAN devices connected during reboot was causing so many issues. My R2 uses 2 LAN ports, one goes to another router with DHCP off (which I essentially just use as a network switch) and the other goes to a network switch. My consoles/PCs then connect to those switches.

Edited by iCarly
Add explanation of my LAN setup

17 hours ago, iCarly said:

I just got it working after what seemed like the 100th reboot. The thing I did different on the last reboot was I disconnect all device on the LAN ports, unplugged both the modem and R2 from power. Let it sit for 10 mins. Powered on the modem until it was fully booted, then powered on the R2 until it was fully booted. Last I reconnected all my LAN devices.

Dunno why having my LAN devices connected during reboot was causing so many issues. My R2 uses 2 LAN ports, one goes to another router with DHCP off (which I essentially just use as a network switch) and the other goes to a network switch. My consoles/PCs then connect to those switches.

Good work! That certainly does sound peculiar, but I'm glad to hear that it all appears to be working now. Let us know if you have any further issues.

I am too having this issue if someone wouldn't mind to pm me the the fix for it please. when I am connected to my R2 i can't get on the internet at all i can get on the DUMAOS but nothing else seems to work. i have comcast and my speeds are around 600-950 mainly closer to the 950 but on the os i get 300 if im lucky. 

7 hours ago, Handyian09 said:

I am too having this issue if someone wouldn't mind to pm me the the fix for it please. when I am connected to my R2 i can't get on the internet at all i can get on the DUMAOS but nothing else seems to work. i have comcast and my speeds are around 600-950 mainly closer to the 950 but on the os i get 300 if im lucky. 

Welcome to the forum!

Does the R2 appear to be getting a WAN IP from the modem? You can check this in System information, if it's not getting one it will likely show 'Disconnected'.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Handyian09 said:

i think from the modem it was getting LAN and from my router to my PC it is WAN but if i get on it my internet doesn't work 

What is the modem/router model the R2 is connected to? What is the IP shown in System Information for WAN IP?

• Administrators

Does the Comcast router provide WiFi? It should have a model on a sticker on the underside of the router. You can plug it in, find out what the IP is and then reconnect to the comcast router to let us know.