How accurate is Connection benchmark Duma 3.0

• Administrators

We're doing more work to align the speed portion of it with other sites but in most cases it reports the expected speeds. The ping tests use Google to test which is very common for people to use when diagnosing network issues so it is pretty accurate.

My benchmark testing consistently gets a “D” rating for speed And A+ for other two categories. It shows much lower speeds than when I do a speed test on any other speed test site (speedtest/dsl reports). Is the xr500 not capable of handling my 1000/1000 fiber connection?  Also I do not see the auto detect for qos/bufferbloat.  

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Derek2626 said:

My benchmark testing consistently gets a “D” rating for speed And A+ for other two categories. It shows much lower speeds than when I do a speed test on any other speed test site (speedtest/dsl reports). Is the xr500 not capable of handling my 1000/1000 fiber connection?  Also I do not see the auto detect for qos/bufferbloat.  

You're using the 500 beta? In that case could you post in the beta forum on the Netgear community please? To answer your questions though, it can handle it, we've got an improvement to benchmark to more closely align the speed with other sites. Auto Setup will come in a later build.