Netduma r2

Rodney Rosado3

Thats a good question Rodney.. I think there may be a few out there that have had over 20 or more.. I dont know what the limit would be though..Ive had about 15 at one time.. How many do you have? And why do you ask? 

Thanks.

Zippy.

That’s a hard one to answer. You could connect 100 devices which all use low level communication or you could cripple it down with just a handful. I’ve seen it mention wave 1 can handle 100 plus on a 2x2 setup. 

its not meant for dense environments and for the normal house hold it should be fine. You have the 2 bands but you are restricted by throughput of the WiFi and in many cases the isp throughput. So you have a 25mbps isp download and you connect 10 TVs all streaming 4 k it will grind the connection out. If you have a gig and and huge number of clients streaming then it would bog the WiFi down. 
in reality we tend to use lots of devices that simple use low level communication like phones, tablets, Amazon echo devices and so on. They don’t tend to be all on at once or using too much throughput on mass.
manufacturers again give you spec where they say can handle for example 256 clients on my router I’ve got running at the moment but the reality is I don’t have the throughput from my isp to handle that and what clients are the 256. It’s the same with WiFi spec, you see big numbers thrown about. You might have a 1700mbps throughput but in reality you never get anywhere near it.